The Aurora Multimedia DXW-2E 2-Gang HDBaseT Wall Plate Transmitter installs into a standard 2-gang outlet box and functions as a switcher, converter, and extender. It converts VGA or HDMI to HDBaseT and transmits it up to 600 ft to a compatible receiver, sold separately. It simultaneously also supports an Ethernet input to provide you with internet access on the receiver end. The HDBaseT output is on the rear side, and a single CAT cable runs from it, through a wall, to the receiver. The transmitter is powered remotely from the receiver via the HDBaseT connection or locally via an optional PS0053-1 power supply. Please see a bullet list of compatible receivers below.
The VGA and HDMI inputs each feature an associated 3.5mm TRS audio input. The one associated to the HDMI input is for running audio if you'll be connecting DVI via a converter. The VGA input supports Component, Composite, and S-Video signals via optional breakout cables. The two inputs are selectable between by buttons on the wall plate or by an RS-232 controller connected to the receiver. A 40 ft range IR receiver sensor is built into the wall plate and supports IR control of the receiver end.
A Decora style paintable white wall plate is included.
- Key Features
- HDMI input with TRS audio for DVI
- VGA input with TRS audio for HDBaseT output
- Ethernet input for connection to a network
- VGA input supports Component, Composite, and S-Video via optional breakout cables
- 330 ft - 600 ft HDBaseT transmission to an optional receiver
- Remotely powered by the receiver or locally via optional PS0053-1 power supply
- Built-in IR receiver sensor with 40 ft distance support
- Inputs selectable via backlit buttons on the wall plate or by RS-232
- HDCP compliant
- Low depth for floor and table boxes
- A Decora style paintable white wall plate is included.
- Compatible Receivers
The DXW-2 is an HDBaseT technology transmitter and works with other HDBaseT
receivers. Below is a list of compatible Aurora Multimedia receivers. Please note, if the receiver you use does not supply POE remotely, then local 24V DC power supply must be used (Aurora Multimedia model # PS0053-1).