This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The black Cyber-shot DSC-TX30 Digital Camera from Sony is a "tough" point-and-shoot camera with an 18.2MP CMOS sensor, 5x optical zoom lens and the capability to be waterproof to 33' (10 m), shock-proof to a drop of 5' (1.5 m), freeze-proof to 14ºF (-10ºC) and dust-proof. The 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor in combination with the camera's BIONZ image processor captures low-noise, high definition photos and Full HD 1080i videos with fast performance speeds, including continuous shooting of up to 10 frames per second at full resolution.
A Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 5x optical zoom lens provides sharp imaging and the equivalent focal range of 26-130mm, effective for wide-angle to telephoto shooting. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization offers compensation against camera shake which results in images with less blur when shooting in low-light situations and at longer focal lengths. The 2-way Active Mode provides image stabilization in video mode so videos shot while moving will have smoother results. The Magnifying Glass Plus feature offers a 2x macro lens function for detailed close-ups as near as 1/3" (1 cm) and an integrated LED shines the light needed to illuminate those intricate close-up subjects.
A 3.3" 1229k-dot OLED touch screen monitor provides clear playback of images and its 5-level brightness adjustment means you'll have no problem seeing the screen when composing your shot. Touch screen navigation is intuitive and responds quickly. The Sweep Panorama 360 feature makes taking panorama shots simple. With one touch of the shutter button simply pan across your scene, up to 360º, and the camera stitches your image together into one high resolution panoramic shot. Enhanced Superior Auto enables the camera to adjust itself for the optimal shot and Picture and Beauty Effects let you touch-up images after you have shot them with creative special effects.
- 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor and BIONZ Image Processor
- Captures high definition images with sharp details and minimal noise, even in low light; offers fast performance and buffering speeds.
- Rugged and Stylish Design
- At approximately 1/2" (15.4mm) thick, the DSC-TX30 is a slim camera with an elegant slide-up front cover. The camera is waterproof to 33' (10 m), shock-proof to a drop of 5' (1.5 m), freeze-proof to a temperature of 14ºF (-10ºC) and dust-proof thanks to its airtight construction.
- 3.3" OLED Touch Screen
- Still photos and movies can be clearly displayed on the 3.3" OLED touch-screen display with 1,229k-dot resolution. The organic light emitting display (OLED) shows the lens' image with higher contrast and a wider viewing angle than conventional LCDs. It provides vivid images and its high-speed response is faster than ordinary LCDs for smoother playback of dynamic action. The touch screen control allows you to easily scroll through your images and make menu adjustments.
- 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- A Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens with 5x optical zoom capability offers the 35mm equivalent focal length of a 26-130mm lens for wide-angle to telephoto reach. Clear Image Zoom provides 2x additional digital zoom power.
- Magnifying Glass Plus and LED Light
- The Magnifying Glass Plus feature allows for extremely close-up photos to be taken with sharp focus. Focusing as close as 0.4" (1 cm) is possible and the camera's integrated LED light will illuminate the details that might otherwise be caught in the camera's own shadow.
- Full HD 1080 Video Capture
- The DSC-TX30 can capture videos in clips up to 29 minutes utilizing Full HD 1080/60i AVCHD format. Lesser resolution videos can also be recorded at 60 and 30 frames per second.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization offers compensation to reduce the blurring effects of camera movement when shooting at slower shutter speeds. This is particularly effective when shooting in low light or at longer focal lengths. Sony's Active Mode image stabilization combines electronic and optical stabilization for less blurring while shooting videos when moving. 2-way Active Mode corrects for both vertical and horizontal motion.
- Fast 10fps Burst Shooting
- The DSC-TX30 can shoot up to 10 frames per second in full 18.2MP resolution.
- Enhanced Superior Auto
- The Intelligent Auto function on the TX30 allows the camera to make the optimal settings based on its recognition of the scene you are shooting and has Superior Auto to provide clear results when shooting scenes with dynamic motion.
- Sweep Panorama
- Allows 360º panorama images to be taken with just one touch of the shutter and a simple pan across your scene. Underwater Sweep panorama is also supported.
- Face Detection and More
- Face Detection allows you to take better portraits and groups shots. It recognizes up to 8 faces within your image and adjusts the camera for optimal exposure of faces. Blink Detection and Smile Shutter Technology help you get the best shot by recognizing when is the best moment to release the shutter.
- Tracking Focus
- Tracking Focus makes it easier to capture clear shots of moving subjects by having the focus automatically adjust while you follow the action with the camera.
- Background Defocus
- Background Defocus allows you to blur the background on an image in order to put more emphasis on the clearly focused subject in the foreground. It is an ideal effect for portraiture.
- Picture and Beauty Effects
- Picture Effect adds creative expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits special by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. Beauty Effects allows touch-ups to skin tone and effects like skin smoothing, shine removal, eye widening, and teeth whitening. All Beauty Effects can be combined to further enhance the image. Other in-camera editing is available such as trimming, unsharp masking and date view.
- Erase and Protect Features
- Erasing and protecting images can be done in various modes: Single Image, Selection of Images, by Date, by Folder and by AVCHD format.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery and AC Adapter
- The included AC-UB10 AC Adapter plugs into the camera and charges the NP-BN rechargeable Lithium-ion battery pack.