The black Cyber-shot DSC-WX300 Digital Camera from Sony is a high resolution point and shoot camera with a powerful 20x optical zoom lens and built-in Wi-Fi for instant sharing of photos and videos. An 18.2MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and the BIONZ image processor combine to create high resolution, low-noise photos and Full HD 1080 videos. Fast buffering, 10 frames per second burst shooting and exceptional low-light performance are characteristic of this compact camera, which at just over 1.0" deep, can easily fit into a shirt or pants pocket.
The Sony G 20x optical zoom lens on the WX300 offers powerful zoom capability with a 35mm focal length equivalency of 25-500mm. This versatile focal range incorporates wide-angle to super-telephoto lengths. A 2x digital zoom function will double the camera's reach if needed and Sony's SteadyShot image stabilization compensates for camera shake to provide clearer images in low light and when using the camera's extremely long focal lengths.
The DSC-WX300 provides built-in Wi-Fi connectivity to instantly transfer images to your smart phone or tablet and from there, share them with friends and family. Images can also be wirelessly saved to your computer and you're able to easily view photos and videos on a Wi-Fi enabled HDTV. With Full HD 1080/60i video capture in the AVCHD format, your videos will be sharp, high resolution productions. Sony's Active Mode image stabilization gives you the ability to shoot blur-free movies even while walking or running. A 3.0" ClearPhoto LCD with 5 brightness levels allows you to playback images clearly and compose your shots in bright sunlight or darkness.
Enhanced Superior Auto mode enables the camera to select optimal settings based on scene recognition and even functions with scenes including motion, providing crisp, beautiful results even in low-light situations. Intelligent Sweep Panorama utilizes motion compensation while shooting panoramas (up to 360°) in order to reduce the blur created by moving figures in the foreground. Picture Effects and Beauty Effects allow you to add touches to your photos, including teeth whitening, after you have shot the image.
- 18.2MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ Image Processor
- Captures high definition images with sharp details and minimal noise, even in low light; offers fast performance and buffering speeds.
- Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Wi-Fi lets you quickly upload photos and videos to social media sites through your smartphone or tablet, back them up on a network-connected PC, or view them on a wireless-enabled HDTV.
- 20x Optical Zoom Lens
- A Sony G lens with 20x optical zoom capability offers the 35mm focal length equivalency of a 25-500mm lens, for wide-angle to super-telephoto reach.
- 3.0" LCD Display with 460k-dot Resolution
- Still photos and movies can be clearly displayed on the 3.0" ClearPhoto LCD display with 460k-dot resolution. Histogram and Grid Display are available and 5 brightness levels allow you to compose and view your images in any lighting situation.
- Full HD 1080 Video Capture
- The DSC-WX300 can capture videos in clips up to 29 minutes utilizing the Full HD 1080/60i AVCHD format. Lesser resolution videos can also be recorded at 60 and 30 frames per second. And with Dual Record mode you are able to shoot still photos and video simultaneously.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization offers compensation to reduce the blurring effects of camera movement when shooting at slower shutter speeds. This is particularly effective when shooting in low light or at longer focal lengths. Sony's Active Mode image stabilization combines electronic and optical stabilization for less blurring while shooting videos when moving. 2-way Active Mode corrects for both vertical and horizontal motion.
- Fast 10fps Burst Shooting
- The DSC-WX300 can shoot up to 10 frames per second in full 18.2MP resolution.
- Improved Battery Life
- The rechargeable Lithium-ion battery used with the WX300 allows up to 500 photos on a single charge.
- Enhanced Superior Auto
- The Intelligent Auto function allows the camera to make the optimal settings based on its recognition of the scene you are shooting and has Superior Auto to provide clear results when shooting scenes with dynamic motion.
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama mode takes Sony's Sweep Panorama function to the next level with the addition of motion compensation. Even when subjects are moving in the foreground of your landscape, these cameras can detect faces and moving subjects, intelligently stitching different widths together to minimize distortion. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide format and up to 360° full circle.
- Face Detection and More
- Face Detection allows you to take better portraits and groups shots. It recognizes up to 8 faces within your image and adjusts the camera for optimal exposure of faces. Blink Detection and Smile Shutter Technology help you get the best shot by recognizing when is the best moment to release the shutter.
- Tracking Focus and Face Tracking Focus
- Tracking Focus makes it easier to capture clear shots of moving subjects by having the focus automatically adjust while you follow the action with the camera. Face Tracking will hold focus on a selected face while you await the perfect moment to shoot.
- Background Defocus
- Background Defocus allows you to blur the background on an image in order to put more emphasis on the clearly focused subject in the foreground. It is an ideal effect for portraiture.
- Picture and Beauty Effects
- Picture Effect adds creative expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits special by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. Beauty Effects allows touch-ups to skin tone and effects like skin smoothing, shine removal, eye widening, and teeth whitening. All Beauty Effects can be combined to further enhance the image. Other in-camera editing is available such as trimming, unsharp masking and date view.
- Erase and Protect Features
- Erasing and protecting images can be done in various modes: Single Image, Selection of Images, by Date, by Folder and by AVCHD format.