Archos presents the 70 Titanium 7" IPS Tablet, a feature-rich contender in the tablet market with a bevy of options that is sure to appeal to tablet aficionados. It features a 7" capacitive 5-point IPS touchscreen. This ensures wider viewing angles and less glare than non-IPS screens when outside; and the 5-point multitouch will help to make all those Android apps more fun to tinker with. The 1024 x 600 resolution display is powered by a quad-core Mali 400MP graphics processor.
The processor is a dual-core ARM Cortex A9, suitable for the applications that Android will throw at it. It will handle most commands and functions without any problem, and performs well under pressure - its low power consumption means less heating up and less instability in the tablet's core. The 70 Titanium 7" IPS Tablet also includes 1GB of DDR3 RAM. For storage, there is an 8GB flash drive, but the microSD slot supports microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC for up to 64GB more storage capacity.
This tablet handles a variety of formats for a smoother digital experience. It supports AVI, MP4, MOV, 3GP, MPG, PS, TS, MKV, and FLV and playback in the h.264 HD or MPEG-4 HD (both up to 1080p at 30 fps). For audio, it can handle MP3, WAV (PCM/ADPCM), AAC3, AAC+ 5.13, OGG Vorbis and FLAC formats, and for photos you can view JPEG, BMP, PNG or GIF files. It even supports .srt, .ssa, .smi and .sub subtitles formats for multi-language video viewing.
The 70 Titanium 7" IPS Tablet also features a built-in speaker, integrated microphone, and G-Sensor. It includes a front camera for face-to-face social networking and HDMI output to hook your tablet up to a larger monitor or HDTV. A micro USB port allows for added peripherals.
No battery life is specified with this device - battery life is totally dependent on usage and performance criteria, so it will vary greatly by user. The tablet runs on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, with updates as they become available at the Archos website.
- IPS Screen
- The 70 Titanium 7" IPS Tablet brings you enhanced image quality and extra wide viewing angles compared to non-IPS screens. This next generation LCD delivers screen sharpness and vivid colors, thanks to its 1024 x 600 resolution.
- Powered by Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Certified by Google, the 70 Titanium 7" IPS Tablet includes full access to the Google Play Store, including DRM support for downloading books, music and movies.
• Play Apps and Games - with over 700,000 Android apps and games your tablet truly is your mobile entertainment system. Thanks to the 1.6 GHz dual-core processor and its powerful graphics co-processor even graphically demanding games will look amazing on its quad-core GPU.
• Play Music - Millions of tracks, hand-picked rising artists and great bands from your favorite genres. You can even transfer your own music library from a USB stick or portable hard drive via the USB host port (adaptor required).
• Play Books - With over 4 million books to choose from, including millions of free titles, your next great read is never far away.
• Play Movies - Choose from an incredible selection of thousands of movies on Google Play including HD titles, new releases, award-winning films or your favorite classics.
- A New Multimedia Experience
The Archos Media Center applications include the most complete codec and format support around so you can watch HD movies and listen to your favorites songs, even true 1080p HD video for most formats and codecs.
• Synchronizing is as easy as simply dragging and dropping your content, and in just a few seconds you'll be ready to watch or listen.
• Video carousel - find your films easily thanks to movie and TV show information and jackets automatically downloaded by the Archos Media Center and displayed in the video carousel; your video library is organized by title, series, actor, etc.
• Subtitle search tool - part of the Archos Media Center, the subtitle search tool means that the right subtitles are just a few taps away.
• Read media from external storage - The Archos media center apps can read media directly from any USB flash or hard drive that you plug into your Archos Titanium tablet (micro USB adaptor is required).