The 30Hz ThOR 320 9x Thermal Weapon Sight from ATN is a multi-purpose thermal imaging device equipped for intermediate to long-range targeting and observation. By analyzing the heat signature of a visual scene, this scope is capable of seeing through fog, dust, daylight, and darkness to reveal subjects of interest where the naked eye sees none. This thermal imager can be weapon mounted for tactical engagement as well as tripod mounted and handheld for patrol and reconnaissance missions. When it comes to covert operations, the ThOR gives a tactical professional the advantage over a subject in their crosshairs.
A 320x240 microbolometer sits at the core of the ThOR imaging system. This heat sensor has 50mK sensitivity, capable of distinguishing subtle temperature differences and creating well-defined thermal images. An RCA video port allows the transmitted image to be outputted at full-resolution to video monitors and recording devices. The detector's 30Hz refresh rate delivers near-real time images that are ideal for intelligence gathering and essential for long-range target engagement.
The 9x configuration of the ThOR transmits a 3x2.4° angle of view. For a closer look, digital zoom can magnify the visual scene by 2x or 4x. For a better view of the displayed image, this electro-optic has image enhancement tools, including brightness adjustment and multiple polarity modes. The five polarity modes allow the operator to designate white-hot, black-hot, or even transpose the heat signature into a false-color image. Additionally, the shooter can select from five reticle patterns and five reticle colors to customize the sight for their task.
In addition to the optical features and functionality, the ThOR thermal scope is built to handle the rigors of the battlefield. The waterproof scope housing is constructed of aerospace aluminum and anodized with a type III hard coat that resists corrosion and scratching. Using the included quick-release Picatinny mount, this optic is ready to endure the recoil force of heavy caliber ammo. The built-in OLED color display, accessory side rail, and comfortable 28mm eye relief complement this scope's range of features, and help make the ThOR a fully-loaded thermal optic for tactical engagement, threat detection and intelligence gathering.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Thermal Detector
- 320x240 VOx microbolometer
- 7-14µm spectral response, <50mK sensitivity
- 30Hz refresh rate
- Less than 3 sec start-up time
- Optical Performance
- 9x magnification
- 3x2.4° angle of view
- 28mm eye relief
- 14mm exit pupil
- Video Display and Output
- 800x600 color OLED display
- NTSC and PAL video output via RCA
- Manual brightness adjustment
- Automatic sharpness adjustment
- Icon-based menus, 4-way function controls
- Polarity modes: Black Hot, White Hot, 5 color modes
- 12 selectable color pallets
- Battery life indicator
- Use and Handling
- 2x / 4x digital zoom
- Digitally-adjustable impact point correction
- Reticle colors: black, white, blue, green, red
- Reticle patterns: crosshair, open crosshair, duplex, open 3-post, red dot 3-post
- Auto-adjusting reticle remains centered when using digital zoom
- One to Run power supply that can operate on 1-3 batteries
- Power-off safety prevents accidental deactivation
- Memory recall preserves operational settings
- Built-in Picatinny side rail for accessories
- Quick-release Picatinny rail mount
- Construction Details
- Waterproof and dustproof construction
- 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum housing with Type III anodized hard coat
- Diamond Like Carbon coated objective
- 50 oz weight, 10.3" length