Designed for PAL compatible TV and HDTV systems, the black JVC Everio GZ-E300BE Full HD Camcorder in black shoots Full HD 1920 x 1080 and 720 x 576 video and outputs either 1080/50p or 576p video. It features a back-illuminated 1/5.8" CMOS sensor, and JVC's Falconbrid processing engine. Featuring a Konica Minolta HD lens with a 40x optical zoom, 60x dynamic zoom and 200x digital zoom, the camcorder delivers sharp clear HD images. The flip out 3.0" touch panel LCD viewscreen provides a large image for you to view your image while recording, or during playback. The touch panel control allows you to quickly scroll through the menus and make selections and control modes and functions. The camcorder features AVCHD encoding for HD video, and you can select from four data rates, with a maximum of 24 Mb/s, when recording HD, and from two data rate choices for recording SD video. A built-in SD/SDHC/SDXC media card slot allows you to swap out available media cards as they fill up, so you never have to stop shooting to download your footage.
Automatic features include Advanced Image Stabilizer (A.I.S.) technology for camera shake compensation and Intelligent AUTO mode that selects the best settings from 19 scene modes. Intelligent AUTO will also adjust focus and exposure, or you can use manual control for focus, exposure and white balance. The built-in zoom microphone allows the audio to follow the zoom if you wish, or you can turn off the microphones zoom function for a fixed audio pick up pattern. The camcorder features 2 channel Dolby Digital audio recording at 48 kHz and 256 kb/s. You can connect the camcorder to a computer via its built-in USB connector to transfer or view the files from the media cards. It also features an AV connector and HDMI port making it easy to watch your footage on a TV, or HDTV.
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 Recording
- The Everio GZ-E300BE records HD video at 1920 x 1080 resolution, letting you record your adventures and memories in exceptional Full HD quality. You can use the camcorder's HDMI output to view your footage on a compatible HDTV with incredible detail and smooth playback of your memories.
- Back-Illuminated CMOS Sensor
- The camcorder features JVC's Super LoLux label, which means the 1 5/8" CMOS sensor uses back-illuminated technology for improved low light sensitivity.
- Falconbrid Image Processor
- JVC's Falconbrid image processor handles the image processing details, using the data from the CMOS sensor, and converting it into the final image. This is the same family of image processor that JVC uses in its 4K digital video camera.
- Konica Minolta HD Lens
- The Konica Minolta HD lens, features sharp optics and a focal length of 40.5 to 1620mm (35 mm equivalent).
- 40x Optical Zoom & 60x Dynamic Zoom
- The 40x optical zoom lens provides you great reach, so you can get a close up on your subject, without getting close to your subject. The included 60x dynamic and 200x digital zoom increase the reach of the optical zoom.
- 3.0" LCD Touch Panel Display (230K)
- The flip out LCD screen, rotates through 270 degrees, so you can clearly see what you are shooting from almost any position. With 230,000 dots of resolution providing you with a smooth clear image. The touch panel functionality allows you to make selections for focus, and tracking and object recognition from the screen.
- The camcorder features AVCHD recording of HD video, with four bit rate settings of 24, 17, 12, 4.8 Mb/s. This allows you to choose the data rate you wish to balance storage space and image quality. SD video features two data modes of 6.2 and 3 Mb/s
- Memory Card Slot
- The camcorder features a memory card slot that supports SD/SDHC/SDXC (class 4 or higher) memory cards. JVC recommends Class 6 (or better) cards for recording at the higher data rates.
- Intelligent Auto
- The Intelligent Auto feature analyzes your video, and automatically selects the best settings to shoot at from 19 different scene modes.
- Zoom Microphone
- The camcorder features a zoom microphone that adjusts the audio pick up pattern to match the zoom length of your lens.
- Dolby Digital
- Audio is recorded in 2 channels using Dolby Digital technology. The 48 kHz sampling frequency and 256 kb/s data rate provide for high bandwidth recording.
- The included USB, HDMI and AV outputs allow you to view your footage over a wide range of devices. You can download or view (with the included software) your video on a computer by connecting to the USB port. The AV cable allows you to connect your camcorder to a standard TV to view your footage, and the HDMI connector allows you to connect to an HDMI enabled device, such as a big screen TV, and watch your video that way.
- Image Stabilization
- The camcorder features A.I.S. image stabilization that compensates for camera shake.
- Manual Scene Modes
- You can control focus by using buttons on the side of the camcorder, you can also manually adjust brightness and white balance. The camcorder features a Night Alive manual scene selection that slows the shutter and boosts the gain to brighten very dark images. Spotlight mode compensates for brightly lit portions of the frame to prevent overexposure. The Backlight compensation feature adjusts the exposure to properly expose subjects in front of a bright background.
- Editing Software
- The camcorder features preloaded Pixela Everio MediaBrowser4 software (Windows only), which you can install on a computer by connecting to the USB port. The software allows you to view the video and transfer files from the camcorder. You can also make simple edits and burn your video to disc. Additional capabilities are available through optional software download.
- Touch Priority AE/AF
Adjusts focus and brightness based on a tapped position.
By registering the face of a person beforehand, you can enable tracking of the person even without specific selection during recording. Three modes include:
Face Tracking, which allows you to select a face that the camcorder will automatically track and adjust brightness and focus for.
Color Tracking, allows you to tap and select a specific color to track for exposure and focus.
Area Select allows you set an area of the frame to have priority in focus and exposure compensation, and only works when the dynamic and digital zoom is off.
- 8.3 MP Stills
- You can select to capture in stills mode at 3840 x 2160 for 8.3 MP resolution stills.
- Dual Mode
- Allows you to capture 2 MP still photos, while shooting video.
- Smile Shot
- Automatically captures a still image upon detection of a smile. This function is available for both videos and still images.
- When you don't want to use the built in video light, NightAlive boosts the gain, and uses a slow shutter to increase the sensitivity to 1 Lux. JVC recommends using a tripod to keep the image steady.
- Adjusts exposure to compensate for video taken during plays that have a bright spotlight on the subject.
- Manual Focus
- you can set the focus either for distance or close up by tapping in the touch panel LCD viewscreen.
- Manual Brightness Adjustment
- Using the brightness adjustment menu you can tap on the LCD screen to increase or decrease the brightness.
- Backlight Compensation
- Features Off, On and Advanced to give you more control over the backlight compensation applied by the camcorder.
- White Balance
- Featuring settings for Auto, Manual White Balance, Fine (sunny), Cloud (overcast) and Halogen. You can let the camcorder select the best white balance, or you can set it manually based on your own experience. Two additional white balance settings - Marine: Blue and Marine: Green - are for use when shooting underwater using an available underwater housing.
- The Time-Lapse function allows you to capture the minute changes that occur over a long span of time, such as the opening of a flower bud. You can select the interval in steps from 1 second to 80 seconds.
- The Tele-Macro setting enables you to focus on objects that are approximately 19" away from the front of the lens in telephoto mode, as opposed to the normal limit of 39".
- Silent Mode
- The camcorder features a mode that will darken the LCD and mute the built-in speaker. This is useful mode for shooting a theatrical performance such as your kids in a school play, without disturbing everyone around you.
- Slow Motion
- You can record videos in slow-motion by increasing the recording speed to emphasize the movements, and play back the slow-motion video smoothly. This allows you to slow down the action by 5x. Video is captures at 720 x 576 resolution, but are played back at 1920 x 1080.
- Stop Motion Recording
- In Stop Motion mode, pressing the Snapshot button on the camcorder causes it to take two frames. You can then animate a figure, or otherwise create your own stop motion video.
- You can set a built-in timer to take a still photo, or use the face detection feature when you want to get the photographer in the shot. This is in still photo mode.
- Index Marking
- Allows you to set an index point when you start your video that makes it easy to find the mark for digest playback.
- Digest Playback
- Features 4 settings for rapidly playing back your video. Auto shortens your video clip to a pre-set length of time. Smiling Face Scene plays back the scenes with detected smiles. Registered Face plays back scenes with a registered face in it and Marked scene pieces together the scenes that are marked during recording.
- You can create a play list from the video clips you have shot on your camcorder for playback of selected clips. You can select clips directly or by selected dates of the shot material.
- Auto Wind Cut
- The camcorder features a setting to manually or automatically reduce wind noise.
- K2 Audio Technology
- Reduces the degradation of sound quality caused by digital signal processing, and records a sound quality close to the original.
- Creative Effects
- The GZ-E300BE allows you to add various effects to your video as you record.
- Auto Record
- The camcorder features an Auto Record function that will enable the camcorder to start and stop recording based on movement with a specific area of the frame.