The JVC GZ-E505SE Full HD Everio Camcorder (PAL) is a PAL-standard, high-definition camcorder with a 2.5 megapixel back-illuminated CMOS sensor. CMOS sensors are designed to be sensitive to low-light environments, and the back illumination even further enhances the sensitivity. You can record video in up to 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution, and you can take 2.5 megapixel photos. The video frame rate is selectable to up to 50 frames per second, which is useful for capturing sporting and other fast action events in crisp detail. This Everio stores to available SD, SDHC, and SDXC flash memory cards.
The integrated lens is a wide-angle JVC lens that can zoom in on a subject up to 38x. The camcorder features an image stabilization technology that reduces the shakiness of the lens and improve steadiness. A flip-out, widescreen, 3" LCD provides touchscreen access to most of the settings, including white balance control and creative scene selections.
An HDMI output will let you connect to large screen HDTVs to view your video recordings and photos. A Composite A/V output will allow you to connect to standard definition TVs. And a USB output will connect the camcorder to a Mac or Windows computer. The camcorder features a built-in mic and built-in speaker, and it has a microphone input for recording external audio and a headphone input for monitoring sound while you're shooting. (Please note that the included Pixela Everio MediaBrowser software is Windows-compatible only.)
- Key Features
- 2.5 megapixel back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution video at up to 50 fps
- 2.5 megapixel photos
- Stores to optional SD, SDHC, and SDXC flash memory cards
- Wide-angle JVC lens with 38x optical zoom
- Image stabilization technology for improved steadiness
- 3" touchscreen LCD
- HDMI, Composite A/V, and USB output
- Built-in mic and external mic input
- Built-in speaker and headphone input
- Pixela Everio MediaBrowser software and several accessories included