The Olympus XZ-10 Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot camera that features a 12 megapixel 1/2.3" High-Speed backside-illuminated CMOS sensor and TruePic VI image processor to produce high resolution imagery with exceptional low-light quality and sensitivity. It supports full HD 1080p video recording at 30fps as well as a continuous shooting rate of 5fps for working with moving subjects.
The built-in iZuiko 5x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 26-130mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto lengths to suit working in an array of shooting situations. The lens also features an f/1.8-2.7 maximum aperture for greater low-light abilities and more control over depth of field and focus control. Dual IS image stabilization also benefits working in difficult conditions by correcting for the appearance of camera shake to render sharper imagery.
For image composition, playback, and menu navigation, a 3.0" 921k-dot touchscreen LCD is integrated into the design to give an intuitive means for controlling and selecting camera functions and settings. Additionally, a hybrid control ring is also built around the lens to give further efficient control over a range of customizable settings, including aperture and shutter speed. For refining the appearance of imagery even further, a wide array of camera effects, filters, and modes are available, including Art Filters, Photo Story mode, High-Speed Movie, and Backlight HDR, for fine-tuning the look and feel of imagery.
- 12MP BSI CMOS Sensor and iHS Technology
- A 12 megapixel 1/2.3" High-Speed backside-illuminated CMOS sensor and TruePic VI image processor are integrated into the XZ-10's design to produce high resolution imagery with notable low-light sensitivity and quality. The combination of the BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VI form Olympus' iHS Technology, which is further benefitted by fast autofocus performance and Intelligent Auto settings for optimized results, even in difficult lighting conditions.
- iZuiko 5x Optical Zoom Lens
The built-in iZuiko 5x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 26-130mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives for working in a variety of shooting situations. For extending this reach, 5x digital zoom is available as well as 10x Super-Resolution Zoom, which provides minimal loss in image quality while still enabling close-up shooting.
The lens features a maximum aperture of f/1.8-2.7, which both aids in low-light shooting as well as shallow depth of field and selective focus applications. Also contributing to low-light performance, and use of longer zoom magnifications, is a Dual IS image stabilization system that employs sensor-shift type stabilization with an expanded sensitivity to ISO 12800 to enable shooting with higher shutter speeds to result in sharper overall imagery. Multi-Motion Movie IS is a dedicated image stabilization mode for use when recording videos, and can account for a greater range of movement types for more fluid, steadier-looking movies.
- Camera Design
The XZ-10's design integrates a large 3.0" 921k-dot touchscreen LCD monitor to allow clear, bright live view monitoring, image playback, and intuitive menu navigation. The touchscreen functionality enables the ability to touch to focus and to release the shutter as well as a simple means for navigating controls and settings.
In addition to touchscreen control, a hybrid control ring is also incorporated into the camera's construction to give an efficient means for controlling a host of exposure and camera settings. This ring surrounds the lens and can act as a controller for settings like aperture or shutter speed. Additionally, an Fn (function) button is also conveniently located on the rear of the camera for expedited access to a customizable list of often-used settings.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p video recording is supported at 30fps, as well as HD 720p at 30fps, in the MOV format with stereo audio recording. Recording is easily accessible via a dedicated movie button and an array of Art Filters and Effects can be applied to creatively enhance the look of movies. For sharing movies directly from the camera, an HDMI output is available for connecting to an HDTV for vivid playback.
- Other Camera Features
- Backlight HDR will automatically take a range of bracketed exposures in order to composite an image with an extended dynamic range, which exhibits greater detail in the highlight and shadow regions beyond the capabilities of a single exposure. This mode is ideally suited for working in high contrast situations, such as backlit scenes.
- A continuous shooting rate of 5fps enables greater subject tracking and increases the likelihood of capturing the best shot when working with moving subjects.
- High-Speed Movie enables slow motion recording at frame rates of either 120fps or 240fps to clearly render fast-moving subjects.
- Hand-Held Starlight Mode combines a range of technologies to produce clear imagery with reduced noise levels to suit shooting at nighttime. This mode also supports the use of the built-in pop-up flash, and balances exposure settings to create a more naturally-appearing image.
- 11 Art Filters with five Art Effects are a series of pre-programmed creative settings that enable in-camera refinement of the look of your imagery.
- Photo Story automatically combines a series of photos taken and applies one of four themes to create a succinct, creative resulting image. These themes include Standard, Speed, Zoom-In / Zoom-Out, and Fun Frames.
- Face Detection and AF Tracking are biased focusing systems that strive to ensure consistent and sharp focus is given to the most crucial elements within a scene; either recognized faces or moving subjects.
- Beauty Make-Up Mode includes 18 different effects, including eyeliner, lipstick, eye brightening, cheek lift, and soft focus, to easily modify the appearance of subjects.
- Bracketing options will automatically apply different settings, including under and over-exposure, when a shot is taken to provide a greater range of options to select from when reviewing imagery.
- An integrated neutral density filter provides greater control over exposure settings, allowing you to adjust exposure time or aperture to suit different subjects.
- RAW file recording is supported for higher quality imagery for use in printing.
- In-Camera Slideshow with Sound enhances playback by allowing greater control of transitions and speed when reviewing imagery.
- Live Guide provides real time review abilities to certain camera functions and settings, enabling you to pre-visualize the outcome of your image prior to shooting.
- The XZ-10 is compatible with a range of wireless sharing technologies, including the PENPAL, Bluetooth devices, Eye-Fi cards, or the Flash Air media card.
- Languages supported: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian & Portuguese), German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovak, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Korean, Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Arabic, Bulgarian, Romanian, Persian, Indonesian, Hebrew, Malay, and Vietnamese.