The HighPoint RocketRAID 4500 SAS & SATA RAID-On-Chip Host Bus Adapter supports up to eight 6 Gb/s physical links. Featuring the Marvell 88RC9580 RAID-on-Chip on-board processor, 512MB DDR3 cache memory, and PCI-Express 2.0 x8 bus speeds, it is suitable for use with a wide array of server and workstation chassis.
This low-profile host bus adapter utilizes PCI-Express 2.0 x8 host bus interface, and supports all major RAID levels like 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD configurations. Additionally, it features HotPlug and HotSwap functions and is compatible with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- 8-Port, PCIe x8 2.0 6Gb/s SAS/SATA Hardware RAID HBA
- The RocketRAID 4522's dedicated RAID-on-Chip processor and 512 MB of onboard DDR3 cache memory offloads RAID processing from the host system, ensuring stable and high-performance data transfer. The RocketRAID 4522 is a direct upgrade for our 3Gb/s RocketRAID 4300 Series Hardware RAID Controllers. Customers with existing RAID configurations can move these directly from the 4300 series controller to the RocketRAID 4522.
- HighPoint's comprehensive suite of data security, RAID recovery and storage maintenance features provide an enhanced level of reliability.
- Dual-Storage Mode: LTO Tape and RAID Arrays
- The RocketRAID 4522 is fully compliant with the Industry Serial Attached SCSI Specification, which allow them to support Ultrium LTO tape drives and SAS/SATA hard disk drives simultaneously, for Mac platforms and Mac OS X 10.9x and later. Dual-Storage Mode is ideal for high-performance media editing applications. Customers can utilize high-speed RAID configurations for media projects, then immediately archive assets to an LTO tape drive, all from a single Thunderbolt connection.
- Seamless Upgrade Paths
- The RocketRAID 4522 is capable of supporting RAID arrays configured with any member of our extensive RocketRAID HBA product lines. Advanced storage management features such as Online RAID Level Migration (ORLM) and Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) allow clients to dynamically expand, upgrade and convert storage configurations to keep pace with changing application workloads, without compromising critical data investments.
- Delivers True Host-to-Target SAS 6Gb/s Connectivity
- End-to-end 6Gb/s SAS Expansion enables each RocketRAID 4522 HBA support up to 128 SAS/SATA devices in cascade configurations when used in conjunction with SAS Expander devices.