The Carl Zeiss cinemizer Headtracker is a head-tracking accessory for the head mounted display, cinemizer OLED. The small device replaces the earpiece of the cinemizer, and measures the rotation and movement of the head, with a high degree of accuracy. When combined with PC games, this enables the player to look around 3D scenes simply by moving their head.
The Headtracker is also destined for use in more traditional virtual-reality environments. It will be possible to use the cinemizer OLED and Headtracker to walk through architectural visualizations in 3D. This gives architects and their clients the ability to really get a feel for a building, before the first foundation is laid.
- The Headtracker is an input device which records the head movements of the user, allowing natural and intuitive interaction
- Different sensors detect changes in rotation in all three dimensions and transmit these to the computer. In combination with the cinemizer OLED multimedia glasses, this allows the user an immersive experience by looking around freely
- The cinemizer Headtracker acts like a PC mouse, making it suitable for all games and professional applications that can be operated with a computer mouse
- The Headtracker is attached to the side pieces of the video glasses
- When using the cinemizer Headtracker, there is no specific driver needed in addition so it can be immediately used on Windows, Apple and Linux operating systems
- With the software program "Tracker Configuration Tool" the Headtracker speed can be adjusted independently of the PC mouse