The SPIR Infrared LED Illuminator from Morovision is an eye-safe night vision accessory for intermediate to long-range illumination when using NVDs. The Special Purpose Infrared (SPIR) illuminator features a 600mW LED light source that is capable of spotlighting a subject up to 1640 yards away. By defocusing the SPIR's adjustable beam collimator, this IR light source can also be used as a close to mid-range flood light that paints the night vision scene with a 30° angle of illumination. The illuminator's 300mW low-power output mode can also be employed for less demanding close-up lighting tasks or for extending runtime of the CR123A battery cells.
A fiberglass-infused composite housing with weatherproof sealing makes the SPIR relatively lightweight and ready to perform in driving rain and extreme temperatures. This configuration of the SPIR illuminator includes a quick-release mount that clamps to a Picatinny rail using a lever lock for easy attachment to a weapon rail. A remote pressure pad switch with double tap functionality allows the operator to momentarily activate their illuminator by tapping the pressure pad (tap twice for constant activity). This IR illuminator also comes with CR123A batteries and quick-release mounting hardware, and it is backed by the manufacturer's one-year warranty.
Note: Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Illuminator Performance
- 600mW maximum output
- 300mW low-power output
- 850nm infrared LED light source
- Collimated beam for long-range illumination
- Range of visible illumination: up to 1640 yd
- Use and Handling
- Adjustable beam angle from 30° to 2°
- Remote activation switch with right-angle connector
- Single tap for momentary; Double tap for constant activation
- Quick-release mount for attachment to Picatinny rail
- Slide-to-side illuminator cover
- Uses (2) CR123A batteries
- Construction Details
- Fiberglass-infused composite housing with black finish
- Operating temperature: -40 to 124°F
- Waterproof depth: 66 ft
- 6.5 oz with batteries and mount