The Inspiron 15 i15RV-6190BLK 15.6" Notebook Computer from Dell features a 15.6" HD widescreen display backlit with LED lamps for lower power consumption and higher energy efficiency. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Pentium 2117U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, an 8-in-1 digital media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio 4.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Intel Pentium Performance
- This Dell notebook houses an Intel Pentium 2117U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. With a dedicated 2MB Intel Smart cache and 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to multitask between applications efficiently
- 15.6" HD Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" HD widescreen display on this Dell notebook is backlit with LED lamps, which are more energy efficient and last longer than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics. This Dell notebook can natively output 1080p HD content to an external display, such as an HDTV, via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- The 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi support provides a reliable connection to a wireless network so you can stay mobile. The built-in webcam and integrated microphone allows you to video chat with friends and family while the built-in stereo speakers produce ample sound with Waves MaxxAudio 4 audio processing technology
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it