The AX2304 Professional Stereo 2-Way, 3-Way, and Mono 4-Way Crossover from Alto Professional is a crossover that features balanced XLR connectors and Linkwitz-Riley filters, both of which are present to maintain the integrity of the inputted audio signal. Its main purpose is to split the low, mid and high frequencies of an audio signal and to send them to separate outputs. Independent mutes, limiters and level controls are provided on each of its six servo-balanced, gold-plated XLR jacks. The Linkwitz-Riley filters deliver a flat response at the crossover frequencies, as opposed to the +3 dB amplitude bump that you would have without them.
Up to two seconds of delay can be applied to the outputs, and Phase Invert buttons are provided to keep your sound system in phase. An Input Gain knob enables you to apply +/-12 dB of level, and a Low Cut button is provided on both sides to cut frequencies below 25 Hz. Output Gain knobs enable you to boost the various bands by up to 6 dB, and a CD Horn button optimizes the high frequency response when you're using a loudspeaker system with Constant Directivity horns. Two buttons on the rear panel enable you to configure the unit for stereo 2-way, stereo 3-way, or mono 4-way usage.
- Flat summed amplitude response with no phase difference
- 24 dB per octave Linkwitz-Riley filters
- Individual output level controls for all bands
- Limiters on each output for loudspeaker protection
- Independent output mutes for band adjustment
- Individual phase reverse switches for phase correction
- Switchable 25 Hz subsonic filter on each input for low-frequency driver protection
- Low Sum function provides low-level mono output for subwoofer operation
- Adjustable time delay for phase alignment between drivers
- CD horn equalization for Constant Directivity horn compensation
- Servo-balanced, gold-plated XLR connectors for all inputs and outputs
- Shielded toroidal mains transformer to minimize noise interference