The ACOM2 2-Channel Compressor / Limiter / Gate from Alto is a powerful dynamic processor with several circuit designs. It features smart and fast recognition of the source material, an adjustable Expander/Gate, and a low-distortion VCA (Voltage Control Amplifier). It is comprised of 2 full-featured compressors in one compact, ultra-low-noise rack unit to give you maximum clarity and smooth level control for any pro audio application. You can use the ACOM2 as 2 individual mono processors or link the processors to provide true-stereo compression. All it takes is the push of a button to switch between mono and stereo.
The ACOM2's intelligent attack and release switch can automatically adjust the unit’s attack and release to the source signal, or you can use the manual mode for tailored adjustment. Its minimized signal path and high-quality VCA provide optimal temperature stability, low noise, and minimal distortion.
The ACOM2’s Expander / Gate also gives you all the controls you need to suppress or block out unwanted noise. The sidechain function allows for external effects loops or other common compressor applications such as ducking. A second, internal sidechain employs a switchable low-cut filter to help control pumping due to heavy low-frequency content. The ACOM2 offers smooth and consistent performance that doesn’t degrade or color your signal.
- Two independent, full-featured compressor / limiters in one compact rack
- Use as 2 individual mono processors, or stereo-link to provide true stereo compression
- Auto-attack / -release switch automatically adjusts compression to source signal
- Full manual mode for tailored adjustment to any venue
- Minimized signal path with high-quality VCA: low noise, minimal distortion, and optimal temperature stability
- Intelligent knee for musical performance with soft- and hard-knee envelopes
- Couple switch for a one-touch selection between 2 mono channels or stereo-linked operation
- Sidechain send and return for use in an external effects loop
- Switchable low-cut filter minimizes audio-program pumping triggered by kick drum
- Gain-reduction LEDs and switchable input- / output-level LED meters for visual monitoring of critical values
- Bypass switches on both channels