The Schneider 80mm f/5.6 Makro-Symmar HM Lens is a large format lens specifically designed for macro use, primarily for the 6x9 format. It can also be used upon smaller cameras, and even upon 4x5 cameras at reproduction ratios of 1:1 to 4:1. Within its recommended 1:4 to 4:1 reproduction ratio range, the Makro-Symmar HM produces images with superior resolution, contrast, and color correction. The difference versus a common-use large format lens is stunning. It is an apochromatic design, and incorporates costly ULD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) glass elements for the highest possible quality. The Makro-Symmar HM is meant to be used at larger apertures to limit the degradation of image quality caused by diffraction.
Even at a lowered 1:2 reproduction ratio, this Makro-Symmar HM comfortably covers the 6x9 format, and at higher reproduction ratios you'll have all of the image circle you could ever need for 6x9. Despite this, the lens is very light at just over 7 ounces, and takes very small 40.5mm filters.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for macro use
- Recommended for use at ratios as low as 1:4, and to a maximum of 4:1
- Standard view with 47° coverage
- Apochromatic design which employs ULD glass to eliminate color fringing
- Ideal working aperture range of f/8-11
- Accepts 40.5mm threaded filters
- Tiny rear barrel diameter of just 31.5mm
- Standard type Copal #0 shutter