The mLink R Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis from mLogic is designed specifically to connect the RED ROCKET card from RED Digital to iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro computers via Thunderbolt. mLink R features cutouts on the back panel to mount the ROCKET BNC connectors.
- Big Possibilities - Small Form Factor
- mLink R is a small, light Thunderbolt expansion chassis for the RED ROCKET and supports a single PCIe 2.0 card (up to x 16 physical). It features two 10 Gb/s Thunderbolt ports and supports daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt devices, including other mLinks, storage devices, mDP monitors and the Apple Thunderbolt Display. DVI, HDMI and VGA monitors can also be part of the chain when used with mDP adapters. mLink R supplies 10W of power to support bus-powered Thunderbolt devices.
- Thunderbolt I/O - Ultrafast Performance
- Thunderbolt technology enables mLink R to transfer data at up to 10 Gb/s, which is 20 x faster than USB 2.0 and 12 x faster than FireWire 800. When loaded with a PCIe RAID adapter (Atto R680) mated to eight SATA II drives, mLink produces over 700 MB/s of throughput for the most demanding applications.
- Swap and Go
- The device is designed to make it easy to swap the ROCKET into and out of the enclosure.
- Innovative Design - Solid Engineering
- mLink R features a PCIe x 16 slot and accommodates up to full-length, half or full-height PCIe cards. A temperature controlled, variable speed smart-blower keeps the installed PCIe card optimally cool without excessive noise. In addition, the system powers on and off with the Mac to save power.