The X55A-JH91 15.6" Notebook Computer from ASUS features a matte surface with a classic suit pattern for that minimalist yet stylish design. This ASUS notebook also has a 15.6" HD widescreen LED-backlit display with a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics.
The system is powered by a dual-core 2.4GHz Intel Pentium B980 processor. It also comes with 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Altec Lansing stereo speakers with SonicMaster Lite audio enhancement.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Intel Pentium Performance
- This ASUS computer houses a dual-core 2.4GHz Intel Pentium B980 processor. With 2MB of dedicated L3 cache and 4GB of DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to experience smooth and seamless multitasking
- 15.6" HD Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- This ASUS computer has a 15.6" LED-backlit HD widescreen display. LED backlighting provides lower power consumption and longer panel lifetime than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a glossy finish. The display has a 1366 x 768 native resolution, supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics
- ASUS IceCool Technology
- ASUS IceCool Technology places heat-generating components away from the palm rest, ensuring a comfortable typing experience for users even after prolonged periods of use
- ASUS SonicMaster Lite Technology
- ASUS SonicMaster Lite gives this ASUS computer the ability to deliver more powerful sounds and richer bass to provide the best audio experience in the mainstream notebook class
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it