The Leash Camera Strap from Peak Design is a quick-connect system that mounts to any piece of equipment that has a loop or D-ring. Use it as a neck or sling strap for your DSLR, video, mirrorless or point-and-shoot camera. It also works with binoculars, water bottles, and compasses. The strap is designed to smoothly glide across your shoulder and raise your gear to eye level.
This system includes two pieces-an anchor and strap. The anchor attaches to your gear via a cow hitch-two half-hitches looped in opposite directions. Once the anchor is tied to your equipment, it locks to a slot on the strap. The two pieces can be separated with a one-handed push of a button. You can also use more than one anchor on a single piece of equipment by attaching them to different locations on the gear. One might attach to a strap lug while another might be connected to a quick-release plate or second lug. This will save you time if you prefer or need a different shooting configuration. It can also help increase the support the gear receives when attached to the strap.
The strap is made from seatbelt-style webbing and is adjustable from 19 to 60" to accommodate your shooting and comfort preferences. The anchors are made from lightweight (0.09 oz) braided Kevlar overmolded with glass-filled resin. This set includes one strap and four anchors.
- Quick-Connect System
- Two pieces; anchor and strap
- Anchor disconnects from strap via one button
- One-handed operation
- Works on any equipment that features a loop or D-rings on which to tie the anchor
- Can be hitched to strap lug or quick-release plate
- You can use more than one anchor on a single piece of equipment by attaching each to a different location
- Compact enough to wear over/under backpack or messenger bag
- Works with Peak Design's optional Capture Camera Clip