Add 1TB of storage to your desktop, All-in-Once PC, secondary storage device, external drive, or backup device with the 1TB Green 3.5" Internal Hard Drive from WD. Compatible with computers running Windows and Mac OS, this drive connects to your system's 3.5" bay via the SATA 6 Gb/s interface and features a sustained internal data transfer rate of 150 MB/s. So that frequently-used bits of data may be quickly recalled, this drive features a 64MB cache, which also helps ensure uninterrupted data transfers. Data performance is rounded off by a Dual Stage Actuator, which delivers high precision motion for increased data performance and increased drive reliability.
This WD Green drive is built with WD GreenPower Technology, which helps the drive to function with reduced power consumption, lower temperatures, and the IntelliSeek rotational speed. These features allow the drive to operate with less noise and less heat, without the need for increased power consumption or additional fans. It consumes a maximum amount of power at 3.3W, making it an energy efficient drive choice.
- Cool & Quiet
- Heat has a large impact on the overall reliability of an HDD's life over time. It can also lead to increased power consumption, the requirement of additional fans, increased fan operation, increased noise levels, and the increased chance of failure. WD Green drives come equipped with WD GreenPower Technology which helps the drive to operate cooler with increased overall reliability
- Power Management with Performance
- This WD Green drive has efficient power management and reduced heat output. These features offer a balance of performance and power.
- Reliability and Lifespan
- Quiet acoustics, reduced vibration and 4K HDD formatting make WD Green a good choice. The drive is designed and tested for use in desktop systems, All-in-Once PCs, as secondary storage for archiving, in external drive cases, or as backup storage. WD Green also features a Dual Stage Actuator, which helps deliver higher precision motion for double the data performance and increased drive reliability
- WD Technology
- Reduced power consumption, improved data tracking, and WD GreenPower Technology all help to improve the overall reliability of WD Green making it an efficient solution that lowers your total cost of ownership
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology protects the drive by helping to ensure the recording head never touches the disk media, reducing wear and tear to the head and increasing drive reliability. This also helps protect the drive while it is in transit
- A balance of spin speed, transfer rate, and caching algorithms that are designed to deliver both power savings and performance
- Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise, and vibration
- Advanced Format
- Advanced Format Technology is used to increase a drive's areal density and media format efficiency, thus enabling larger drive capacities
- Acronis True Image Software
- Acronis True Image is Windows-compatible software that is available as a download on the WD Support website. This software enables you to clone or copy all your data to a new drive so you don't have to reinstall your operating system and applications to get all the benefits of a new drive