The ThinkPad X1 Carbon 3444-59U 14" Ultrabook Computer from Lenovo delivers both in terms of performance and mobility. This Lenovo Ultrabook has the storage technologies for ultra-fast boot times as well as the battery for longer battery life. The ThinkPad X1 Carbon features a carbon fiber lid with a magnesium aluminum chassis for a slim and lightweight design, complete with a black finish.
The 14" HD+ widescreen display is backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and last longer than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs and Full HD 1080p videos. The 1600 x 900 native resolution is supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i5-3427U processor. It also has 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3L RAM, a 256GB solid state drive, a 4-in-1 digital media card reader, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, a fingerprint reader, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Home Theater v4 technology.
Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 Pro introduces a redesigned Start Screen with tiles that update in real-time. Windows 8 Pro also focuses on cloud storage as well as offers various apps through the Windows Store. Windows 8 Pro also focuses on data security. Bitlocker drive encryption helps protect corporate data on this ThinkPad X1 Carbon, thanks to its TPM chip. SmartScreen services help protect you from malicious sites and software on the Internet. Windows 8 Pro provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- This Lenovo Ultrabook is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i5-3427U processor. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.8GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated L3 cache, 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3L onboard RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 14" HD+ Antiglare LED-Backlit Display
- The 14" widescreen display features LED backlight technology, which is more eco-friendly than CCFL lights. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio. The 1600 x 900 native resolution is powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000, which can deliver crystal clear images, deeper black levels and vibrant color for a visually immersive experience. You can also connect to an external display via the Mini DisplayPort
- Stay Connected
- Stay connected wirelessly to the Internet with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. A built-in webcam with an integrated microphone puts you face-to-face with friends or colleagues. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 support for wirelessly connecting all your peripherals to your Lenovo Ultrabook. With a built-in 4-cell lithium polymer RapidCharge battery and approximately 8.2 hours of runtime, you can stay connected while on the go
- Ultrathin and Ultraportable Design
- Measuring only 0.74" thin and weighing just 3 pounds, this Lenovo Ultrabook can be placed in a backpack or tote bag without adding any unnecessary bulk. Take it to the office or on the road without breaking a sweat. The simple, uncluttered design not only looks good, but enhances your everyday computing experience
- USB 3.0 - 10x Faster than USB 2.0
- This Lenovo Ultrabook has a USB 3.0 port, which is ten times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices so you don't have to worry about losing access to your older peripherals. There is also a powered USB 2.0 port for charging your portable devices, such as a MP3 player or a mobile phone