The Lenovo ThinkStation S30 0568 Workstation Computer is made with business in mind. From the powerful 1.8 GHz Intel Xeon E5-2603 quad-core processor, to the UDIMM PC3-10600 1333MHz memory (4GB included, upgradeable to 64GB), this is a PC that is built to be taken seriously. The 500GB 7200 rpm hard drive can also be upgraded.
The graphics are handled with a high-end nVIDIA Quadro 600 Graphics Card with 1GB of discrete onboard memory. The card contains both DVI-I and DisplayPort connections, each supporting a maximum resolution of 2560x1600. The card can be connected to multiple monitors (monitor/s are optional, sold separately) and is certified on leading CAD and DCC applications. It's even nVIDIA 3D Vision Pro capable for stereoscopic 3D environments (additional 3D-ready displays and equipment is needed to take advantage of this feature). There's even support for an extra card (optional, sold separately) in the unit, and a hefty 610W power supply to handle the extra hardware.
The business-class system also contains ten USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and an integrated SuperMulti DVD +/- RW optical drive. For extra storage options, it also includes a 25-in-1 media card reader.
The Lenovo ThinkStation S30 is ideal for software development, design and manufacturing, financial institutions or any other workplace where a sturdy, reliable and powerful workstation is needed. The S30 also includes a keyboard and mouse, and is configured with the Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) operating system.
The S30 features the latest generation of Intel Xeon CPUs and comes preloaded with Windows 7 Professional, delivering unmatched performance with incredible multi-core processing efficiency. The workstation also features Intel Turbo boost technology for additional performance during peak processing.
The ThinkStation S30 workstation's unique thermal design is engineered for maximum cool air delivery to key components, reducing the risk of hardware failure. Yet at a 24dB operating noise level, the S30 is nearly undetectable. Ergonomically designed, the S30's removable handle makes it easy to carry, move, and manage. Plus, the cover is easily removable, allowing for fast and convenient upgrades.
The S30 features dynamic power management for less energy consumption during periods of low usage. Additionally, the ThinkStation S30 workstation contains more than 50% recycled plastics, including 26% post-consumer content and it meets RoHS standards.
• Intel Xeon E5 1600/2600 processor with higher performance over previous processors
• Better productivity with Genuine Windows 7 Professional
• Full line of cutting-edge graphics technologies, including the nVIDIA QUADRO line
• Better memory performance with support for 1600MHz DDR3 DIMMs
• Up to 6TB of hard disk drive capacity offers massive storage space
Better Manageability and Reliability
• Quick and easy maintenance and upgrades of key components with tool-free access to interior
• ISV certified and tested for optimized performance and reliability
• Maximum reliability and user comfort than the competition; designed ergonomically
Environmentally Friendly and Cool
• Eco friendly with up to a 80 Plus Gold power supply and 65% recycled plastics
• Increased energy efficiency with GreenGuard certification and EPEAT Gold standards
• Quiet and cool: Minimum acoustics and heat, maximum productivity
Engineered for Performance
• Secure cover latch lets you remove the cover easily, for instant upgrade access
• Illuminated front panel and icons make ports easily accessible
• Ergonomically designed, removable handle makes it easy to carry, move and manage