The ATIV Book 9 NP900X3D-A04US 13.3" Ultrabook Computer from Samsung features an ultraportable design that weighs just 2.49 pounds. The Samsung ATIV Book 9 measures just 0.51" thin while closed, giving it a slim profile and making it easy to pack into a bag.
The 13.3" widescreen display features 300 nits of SuperBright Plus technology, which is up to twice as bright as standard notebook screens and it produces up to 16 million colors. The LED lamps are also more energy efficient than their CCFL counterparts. The screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and an HD+ 1600 x 900 native resolution supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. There's also a micro HDMI port so you'll be able to output high definition video to an external display, such as an HDTV.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.7GHz Intel Core i5-3317U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 128GB solid state drive, a 3-in-1 media card reader, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with SoundAlive technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
ATIV Book 9
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- This Samsung computer houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3317U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.7GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.6GHz, thanks to Intel Hyper-Threading technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 13.3" Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- The 13.3" widescreen display includes LED backlight technology that helps ensure a bright display with lower power consumption for improved battery life. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a HD+ 1600 x 900 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 so you'll be able to playback 720p HD content natively
- SuperBright Plus Technology
- The display of the ATIV Book 9 is capable of achieving a brightness of 300 nits, which is up to twice as bright as a traditional notebook display. The screen can also reproduce up to 16 million colors for vibrant color
- Full Connectivity
- For Internet access, you can go wireless with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. You can also use Bluetooth 4.0 technology to wirelessly connect to all your peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard. The micro HDMI port allows you to output video to an HDTV
- USB 3.0
- This Samsung notebook features USB 3.0, which has a high speed data transfer rate of 5Gbps. That's 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 standard. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you can still use your USB 2.0-compliant devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it