The Pavilion TouchSmart Sleekbook 15-b150us 15.6" Notebook Computer from Hewlett Packard features a 15.6" capacitive touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures integrated in Windows 8 along with the traditional keyboard and touchpad. The screen has a BrightView display with a glossy finish. The display also features LED-backlighting for vibrant color and lower power consumption. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution supported by integrated AMD Radeon HD 7600G graphics.
The system is powered by a quad-core 1.6GHz AMD A8-4555M accelerated processor. It also has 6GB of DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 5400rpm hard drive, a multi-format digital media card reader, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Altec Lansing stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Quad-Core AMD A8-4555M Accelerated Performance
- This HP notebook houses an AMD A8-4555M accelerated processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 1.6GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.4GHz. With a dedicated 4MB L2 cache and 6GB of DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 15.6" Full HD LED-Backlit Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 15.6" display of this HP notebook is actually a capacitive touchscreen, capable of using multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. You'll be able to swipe, tap and zoom your way through the tiles in the Start screen. The screen uses LED backlight technology for lower power consumption and better energy efficiency. The display has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated AMD Radeon HD 7600G discrete-class graphics with up to 3057MB of total graphics memory
- Stay Connected
- The HP notebook can be connected to the Internet via a wired Ethernet cable thanks to its 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet RJ-45 jack. You can also go mobile with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. You'll be able to connect to a Wi-Fi network with relative ease (some Wi-Fi networks are password-protected with WEP or WPA/WPA2 passwords). You'll also be able to use Bluetooth technology to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled peripherals
- USB 3.0
- This HP notebook has two USB 3.0 ports, which can reach a data transfer rate of 5Gbps. That's 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 standard. The dual USB 3.0 ports are also backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- The New Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking and also update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- Seamless Integration Between Touch, Keyboard & Mouse
- Windows 8 supports computers with capacitive touchscreens, so you can use your keyboard, mouse or just your fingers. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. On touch-enabled computers, Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, you'll be able to bring all your personalized Start screens with you by signing into your Microsoft account. When signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it