Illustrator CS6: Video QuickStart Guide from Class on Demand is exactly what you need if you're new to Illustrator or would like to learn the new features of CS6. The short, engaging lessons show the program's key features and tools in action, from creating multiple artboards to printing or posting your final work. Along the way, the video covers Illustrator fundamentals such as selecting objects, creating shapes, applying gradients, using layers, tracing images, and applying Live Paint. This video offers clear demonstrations and tips on how to use each feature.
Adobe Illustrator is an essential tool for anyone who designs and creates artwork for use across different media from print to web. Illustrator CS6 offers a dizzying array of tools for creating, adjusting, and manipulating your graphics-and one of the most challenging parts of using Illustrator can be figuring out where to start.
Table of Contents:
1. Create a Document with Multiple Artboards
2. Draw Different Geometric Shapes
3. Select Artwork and Edit Paths
4. Create Artwork by Combining Simple Shapes
5. Transform Artwork
6. Apply Stroke and Fill Colors to Selected Objects
7. Create a Pattern
8. Apply a Gradient to a Fill or Stroke
9. Apply Colors from a Swatch Group to a Cartoon Using Live Paint
10. Work with Layers
11. Use Appearances to Create Cool Image Effects
12. Turn Scanned or Digital Images into Illustrtor Vector Artwork
13. Place Type Inside an Object Shape and Along a Path
14. Build a Pattern Brush
15. Draw Shapes with the Pen Tool
16. Draw Inside a Shape
17. Create and Reuse a Symbol
18. Assign New Colors to Your Artwork with Recolor Artwork
19. Understand Transparency in Your Files
20. Print your Illustrator Files
21. Save Illustrator Files for Use in Other Applications
About the Instructors:
Elaine Weinmann has written, designed, and illustrated Visual QuickStart Guides to Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, and LiveMotion. Their books have been translated into 12 languages and have sold close to 1.7 million copies worldwide. She has also taught at Pratt Manhattan, Cooper Union School of Art, the New School Computer Instruction Center, and Parsons School of Design.
Peter Lourekas has written, designed, and illustrated Visual QuickStart Guides to Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, and LiveMotion. Their books have been translated into 12 languages and have sold close to 1.7 million copies worldwide. He has taught at Pratt Manhattan, Cooper Union School of Art, the New School Computer Instruction Center, and Parsons School of Design.