Magnify your entertainment experience with the Onkyo TX-NR727 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver. Boasting a THX Select2 Plus certification and the 3-stage Inverted Darlington circuitry, this receiver can harness all of the seven channels while also ensuring reference-level playback of high-resolution media. This power-packed system comes equipped with WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology) that uses low negative-feedback and closed ground loop circuit to reduce signal noise and distortion. Also, the phase-matching bass improves sound clarity by optimizing low-frequency sound output.
This 3D-ready A/V Receiver delivers lossless, high-definition audio using Dolby Pro Logic IIz that offers front height channels with 7.1-channel upmixing and DTS-HD Master audio formats. These formats are carried by 8 HDMI inputs, which also support 4k up-scaling and pass-through. Marvell’s Qdeo processor upscales standard videos to deliver stunning 1080p resolution for HDTVs, and 4K for compatible displays. The 2 outputs come with Audio return channel that lets you amp up your TV volume through the receiver. The system also features 2 USB ports that can be used to connect to iOS-enabled media players or mass storage devices for instant audio playback. The USB port gives a direct digital signal for rich sound quality. Audyssey DSX adds to your home theater experience with its 2 front wide channels or front height speakers to deliver optimal upmixing.
The remote control app on your TX-NR727 lets you monitor playback, adjust settings, and handle content on your home theater system via your Apple or Android device. And, it also allows you to stream audio from your iPhone or Android device directly to your receiver. Using a free app, you can connect this receiver to your home network for Internet radio and music streaming.
Furthermore, with the built-in Wi-Fi you can stream 192/24 hi-res, lossless, and compressed files from your smartphones, PCs, tablets, or NAS devices and pair up or stream audio via the built-in Bluetooth.
THX Select2 Plus for Reference-Level Sound
- This home cinema receiver plays at studio reference volume levels with minimal distortion. Select2 Plus is specified for screen-to-seat distances of 3 to 4m and room volumes of about 56m3.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Streaming Technology
- The TX-NR727 connects to the wireless home network without LAN cables or adapters. Send a huge range of high-resolution, lossless, and compressed files to your home cinema from smartphones, PCs, tablets, NAS devices, and online sources using the remote control app. Or pair devices for quality wireless streaming using the built-in Bluetooth technology.
Music Streaming and Internet Radio Services
- The TX-NR727 comes preloaded with popular music streaming and internet radio services including Spotify, Last.fm, and TuneIn Radio. They're easily selectable using the receiver's GUI or the remote control app. Explore more than 10,000 radio stations and enjoy albums and playlists with theater-fidelity sound. 1
HDMI for High-Resolution Playback
- The TX-NR727 features 6 HDMI inputs to accept high-resolution content from your media players and gaming consoles. HDMI enables Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio formats, and supports 3D video. Two outputs are included to connect your HDTV and video projector.
Supports 4K Video Content
- Pass-through of native 4K (or four times Full HD) from source devices to an appropriate display is fully enabled.
4K Video Upscaling via Qdeo Technology
- The TX-NR727 uses class-leading Qdeo technology from Marvell to upscale standard video sources to 1080p (for regular HDTVs) and 4K on compatible displays.
MHL for Mobile Phones and Tablets
- A front side MHL/HDMI terminal is included to connect smartphones and other electronic devices. MHL allows you to display 1080p video and other media on your HDTV with 7.1 channels of surround sound. Playback is controlled using the receiver's remote as your device gets a handy recharge.
Quick and Easy Remote App Control
- Remote apps for iPhone and Android devices offer a convenient way to control your home entertainment from anywhere within wireless range. The app offers a clear interface for managing playback, adjusting settings, and handling content across multiple zones.
Hassle-Free Video Switching
- InstaPrevue technology names your HDMI devices and displays video thumbnails of available content. Now you can switch sources without having to remember what device is connected where.
Overlaid Menus for Quick Adjustments
- Touch the Quick Set-Up button on your remote to overlay menus on the program being viewed. From here, you can access useful audio/video settings without interruption to your viewing. The overlaid Home Menu, meanwhile, offers simple icons for choosing a media source, and more detailed system adjustment. Onkyo's WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology) includes discrete low-negative-feedback amplifiers for true-to-life sound; closed ground-loop circuits to reduce noise; and high instantaneous current to counter impedance fluctuations. On the critical front and center channels, Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry is used to handle reference-level playback without distorting.
- MultEQ equalizes your system to tailor the sound to suit the unique shape of your room. Measuring 6 listening positions, MultEQ applies filters to satellites and subwoofers to create a perfectly balanced soundstage.
Audyssey Dynamic EQ
- Dynamic EQ solves the problem of deteriorating sound quality at low volume. It selects the best frequency response and surround levels moment-by-moment, resulting in an optimal listening experience at any volume.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume compensates for volume fluctuations in different audio content, for example, during noisy commercial breaks, and adjusts the volume in real time.
Audyssey DSX and Dolby Pro Logic IIz for Expanded Surround Sound
- Audyssey DSX lets you augment your setup with two Front Wide channels, expanding the width of the soundstage, or two front height speakers to add a vertical dimension to movies and games. Dolby Pro Logic IIz offers front height channels with 7.1-channel up mixing from stereo sources.
App-Controllable Multi-Zone Audio
- The TX-NR727 features Powered Zone 2 outputs and Zone 2/3 line-outputs. This lets you assign 2 channels to power audio in a room equipped with speakers. An existing hi-fi system in a third room can also be connected via the line-out, enabling the use of the A/V receiver as a pre-amp and audio server. Control content in all 3 zones via remote app; play the same song in all zones; or enjoy a different song in every room.
Phase-Matching Bass Enhancement
- Onkyo's PM Bass optimizes low frequencies while preserving mid-range clarity. It counters phase shifting (which can affect sound quality) by synchronizing the timing of different frequencies. The result is deep, well-defined bass that won't overwhelm vocals or strings.
Hybrid Standby Power-Saving Mode
- HDMI pass-through and network connectivity are maintained while the receiver is powered down. This facilitates use of your TV and other devices without turning on the receiver, saving energy.