Combining dynamic response with excellent clarity, the Onkyo PA-MC5501 9-Channel 1350W Home Theater Power Amplifier delivers an enveloping and immersive home theater experience. This THX Ultra2 certified powerhouse employs the WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology) that minimizes distortion with its closed ground-loop circuit design. The unique push-pull amplification design with 3-stage inverted Darlington circuitry works to keep distortion at minimum by stabilizing voltage and delivering high quality output.
The PA-MC5501 features a large toroidal transformer, two 22,000 µF capacitors, large custom-designed transistors, circuit boards with 70µm-thick copper foil, and low-impedance copper bus plates that help deliver a brilliant acoustic performance even during fluctuations in impedance. Its innovative board design overcomes electromagnetic interference by short signal pathways and optimizes power delivery to the speaker drivers. Plus, the symmetrical layout ensures the alignment of power devices for each channel thereby also minimizing errors in stereophonic playback.
WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- The PA-MC5501 employs proprietary Onkyo technologies to ensure optimal audio performance. Get cleaner sounds on program peaks with low-negative feedback design close tolerance components at critical points in the signal path. This design allows it to achieve a frequency response out to 100 kHz for high-resolution formats such as DVD-Audio and Super Audio CD, as well as for regular CDs, DVDs, and other music sources. Sophisticated closed ground-loop circuits allow you to enjoy greater maximum volume without distortion. Each circuit has a separate link to the power supply that helps cancel individual circuit noise and keep the ground potential free of distortion.
HICC (High Instantaneous-Current Capability)
- The PA-MC5501's instantaneous current capability ensures that audio output is not affected by power limitations.
Push-Pull Amplification Design with Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry
- Ultra-sensitive circuitry reduces distortion by maintaining voltage stability and enhancing transient response.
Improved Board Design
- Features an improved board design with short signal pathways to reduce electromagnetic interference and optimize power delivery to the speaker drivers
- Incorporates a symmetrical alignment of power devices for each channel, thereby minimizing errors in stereophonic playback.
All-Analog Circuitry Unaffected by Digital Noise
- As a dedicated power amplifier with all-analog circuitry, the PA-MC5501 suffers no noise interference from digital circuitry. When partnered with a high-quality pre-amplifier, such as Onkyo's PR-SC5509 (sold separately), it offers all the benefits of pure analog amplification: a warm, musical, and full-bodied sound.
THX Ultra2 Certified
- Delivers the most rigorous performance benchmark, this home cinema receiver plays at studio reference volume levels with minimal distortion
- The PA-MC5501 is designed to deliver ample power to your speakers, regardless of fluctuations in impedance. A large toroidal transformer; two 22,000 μF capacitors; large, custom-designed transistors; circuit boards with 70μm-thick copper foil; and low impedance copper bus plates all work in concert to enhance the power and fidelity of your audio sources. Housed in a highly rigid, anti-resonant steel-plate chassis, the PA-MC5501 also sports audiophile-grade connections: gold-plated XLR inputs; machine-tooled solid brass RCA inputs; and gold-plated, banana plug-compatible speaker posts. From input to output, signal purity is maintained at every stage.
Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
- The PAMC5501's circuit design keeps the transistors separate at the output stage, which means that audio signals are kept free of clipping. Also, with less heat generated, the longevity of the output stage circuitry is enhanced, ensuring that the component stands the test of time.