The Rear View Safety RVS-R300 Black Box Camera System is a vehicle monitoring/recording system, designed to monitor and record what is going on inside and outside of the vehicle it is mounted in. The system also records the vehicle's speed and location using GPS information. The unit features both a front-facing and a back-facing camera that are user selectable between NTSC and PAL. The two cameras in the unit provide you with the option to record video from both cameras simultaneously, when recording from both cameras simultaneously the resolution is 1280 x 640, when recording from only one camera the resolution is 640 x 480. The dual camera recording feature allows you to capture what is happening both outside and inside the vehicle at the same time, and the integrated mic allows you to record audio.
The unit features a microSD card slot that supports up to 32 Gig cards to record the video, audio and GPS information. To play back the recorded file on a computer, you must use the included ADR Player software on a Windows computer. The software allows you to playback the video/audio and displays the vehicle's route and speed. The RVS-R300 features a 2.7" LCD screen for menu display and video playback. A built-in Li-ion battery that is charged by using the included cigarette lighter adapter powers the unit.
Dual Monitoring System
- The RVS-R300 features both a forward-facing and a rear-facing camera. You can configure the unit to record video from either or both cameras. This allows you to simultaneously record what is going on outside and inside the vehicle.
- The recording system is user selectable between NTSC and PAL.
- The front facing camera features a 140 field of view and can be tilted up and down 20 degrees. The rear facing camera features a 120 degree field of view, and is not adjustable.
- Each camera features resolution of 640 x 480, when recording both cameras at the same time, the resolution is considered 1280 x 480.
- The unit also features a built-in mic, which records audio, so you can hear what is going on.
- Video is recorded to a microSD (TF) card, which must be downloaded from the card to a computer to view. The video cannot be downloaded via USB.
- The RVS-R300 is GPS enabled, and once the information is transferred from the microSD card, you can track and trace the location and speed of the vehicle using the included software player.
- The system records audio, video, and GPS info including location and speed. This information can be used to confirm abnormal driving conditions, or accidents the vehicle may encounter.
- You configure the unit via a menu system, using the built-in LCD screen and function keys.
- The unit can be configured to start when the vehicle is turned on, starts to move, or you can allow the driver to start and stop the recordings.
- Recordings can be viewed directly from the unit, using the LCD screen and built-in speaker, or played back/downloaded from the microSD card to a computer.
- The RVS-R300 does not support USB protocols, so you cannot transfer/play back files from the unit. You must use available microSD card adapters and readers to import the information into a computer.
- The unit can be charged via the USB port connected to a computer, or by the cigarette lighter power adapter. Charging the built-in battery takes approximately four hours.