The M-CT5 5" Camera-Top Field Monitor LP-E6 Kit from Marshall Electronics at a relatively affordable cost includes a camera monitor with a higher than average 350 nit brightness and 500:1 contrast, and includes several accessories that you would otherwise need to purchase separately. You get a Canon-type LP-E6 battery plate, an LP-E6 battery, a charger, a camera mount ball head, HDMI cables, and more.
The monitor has valuable features additional to brightness and contrast. It has an LED backlight that will complement brightness, both a speaker and a headphone jack for monitoring audio while shooting, and Zoom, Color Adjustment, Image Flip/Flop, and Auto Aspect Ratio Detect functions, the last one being useful for shooters who switch between video and photo modes in DSLRs, as HD video is shot mostly in 16:9 and still photos in 4:3 or 3:2.
Resolution is a common 800 x 480, and the top resolution accepted by input is 1920 x 1440 HD. Connections consist of an HDMI input and output and Composite video and audio inputs on BNC connectors. A BNC-to-RCA adapter is supplied as one of the "and more" included accessories abovementioned.
- Valuable, All-Inclusive and Affordable Kit
- 5" on-camera monitor with LP-E6 battery plate, battery, charger and more
- 350 nit brightness, 500:1 contrast ratio, and LED backlight
- Speaker and a headphone jack for monitoring audio
- 800 x 480 resolution / Accepts resolutions up to 1920 x 1440 HD
- HDMI input and output and Composite video and audio inputs on BNC connectors
- Zoom, Color Adjustment, Image Flip/Flop, and Auto Aspect Ratio Detect functions