The 16-Ch TruBlue DVR with 1TB HDD and 8 Pro-530 Cameras by Swann is a kit assembled as an exterior home monitoring system, which also has capabilities for easy expansion. The heart of the kit is Swann's TruBlue D1 Digital Video Recorder (DVR), which features 16 channels of simultaneous video and audio recording. The DVR has both VGA and HDMI outputs for watching the video on a monitor or TV. You can set your viewing preference to show a single view, 2 x 2, 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 view for watching multiple cameras at once. A pre-installed 1TB internal HDD allows for up to 15 days of continuous recording.
Featuring an Ethernet port for connection to a home or business network, you can set up and control the DVR by using the included/downloadable software for Windows and MAC over your network from virtually anywhere you can connect to the internet. The DVR also allows local control via its D-pad and 4 front panel buttons. There is a front panel USB port for a mouse, firmware updates and backups to USB flash/hard drives. An RS485 port on the back of the DVR allows you to attach and control optional PTZ cameras.
The DVR allows you to set up motion detection alarms and email notification Password protected user levels of Operator and Guest are available to allow controlled access to your system. Windows Users can also connect using Internet Explorer and MAC users can use Safari. You can also monitor your system from iPhone, Android and Blackberry smart phones using available apps.
The eight Swann Pro-530 cameras each feature an IP67 rated housing for resistance to dust and water, a 1/3" Color CMOS sensor with a fixed 4.8mm lens which delivers a 58° viewing angle. The camera delivers NTSC video signals in color with sufficient ambient light, and features 24 IR LEDs operating at 850nm for capturing images up to 65 feet away in darkness.
- Supports recording and display of 16 video and audio inputs at the same time, which allows you to connect and record from eight additional cameras for increased surveillance
- Supports H.264 encoding of main and sub stream. The main stream is the signal that is recorded to the HDD and the sub stream is what is viewable over the connected network or internet
- Supports pre-recording of images so that when recording is triggered you have a few seconds of the video prior to the triggering event. You can also set the duration of the recording from 30 seconds to 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes
- The overwrite feature enables the DVR to record over the oldest files on your hard drive when it runs out of room to make new recordings
- The DVR features a VGA and a HDMI connector for video monitoring directly from the DVR
- Audio monitoring is via an RCA jack, or audio embedded in the HDMI stream
- RJ-45 10/100 Ethernet port for network connection
- Control and monitor from the internet using software or a web browser on a PC or MAC
- View video from an available iOS device, Android or Blackberry using free downloadable Swannview app
- The DVR features a PTZ (RS485) port for controlling additional PTZ cameras
- The motion detection function works by the unit comparing pixels from the video image. You can program motion detection settings individually for each video input. It is not recommended to enable motion detection on channels with PTZ cameras as this may result in false motion detection warnings
- DVR can be set to record based on manual record, motion detection, a programmed schedule or external sensor input
- Supports up to 6TBs of live video storage via space for two internal 2TB SATAII HDD and one 2TB via a HDD connected to the eSATA port. One 1TB HDD is pre-installed in the unit
- You can archive your footage by backing it up to an eSATA HDD via rear combination USB/eSATA port, or to a USB flash/HDD through the rear combination USB/eSATA port or front USB port
- The front USB port is also for firmware updates and to connect a USB mouse
- Four front panel buttons and D-pad allow for direct operation of the simpler functions of the DVR. The manufacturer recommends using a mouse for direct operation of the DVR
- Each camera features a 1/3" color CMOS sensor, capturing video in the NTSC format (these cameras do not have audio capabilities)
- The 4.8mm lens provides a 58° angle of view
- The camera features an IR cut filter and delivers a clear color image when there is sufficient light
- When the ambient light conditions are insufficient to produce a color image, the camera activates the 24 built-in IR LEDs and moves the IR cut filter out of the sensor path, providing a B&W image
- The IR LEDs operate at 850nm, and allow the camera to record images from objects up to 65 feet away (depending on the IR reflectivity of what is in the image)
- The IP67 rated housings protect the cameras from dust and water. The cameras in the housings can be completely immersed in water for 30 minutes without being damaged, so heavy rains or water spray jets pose little threat to the camera
- Each camera features a housing with a built-in mounting base and three independent articulation points that allow you to mount and orient the camera in almost any manner necessary to have an upright image