The rear mount 120V, 20A AC powered SurgeX Surge Eliminator & Power Conditioner incorporates SurgeX Advanced Series Mode power conditioning and surge protection. The surge protection is rated A-1-1 for endurance. Several mounting options and receptacle configurations are available. The SurgeX ICE Inrush Current Elimination circuitry is incorporated into this Space Saver power distributor. ICE eliminates problems associated with inrush currents from large loads such as amplifiers. With SurgeX ICE it is not necessary to take inrush currents into account when designing the AC power for a system, and special time-delay circuit breakers are not required. You only need to ensure that the steady-state currents of all products plugged into the device are within the 20A rating.
The VM1120RT incorporates contact closure and applied DC voltage remote control capabilities. Two or more devices can be connected together to provide control and power conditioning for larger systems. It can also control other SurgeX products with the auxiliary relay contacts and/or its 12VDC output.
A plug-in Phoenix terminal block on the rear panel accommodates the remote control connections and also the low-voltage outputs. There are 3 inputs which control power state; one 12VDC output; and one auxiliary relay providing normally-open contacts. The inputs can be controlled by an applied DC voltage from 5 to 30V, or by a contact closure. The inputs and 12VDC output are designed to withstand incorrect connections including polarity reversal and short circuits.
Note: Do not install this device if there is not at least 30' (10 m) or more between the electrical outlet and the electrical service panel.
- Advanced Series Mode surge elimination
- Impedance Tolerant EMI/RFI filtering
- ICE Inrush Current Elimination
- CouVs Catastrophic Over/Under-Voltage Shutdown
- Accepts both DC voltage and contact closure control inputs
- Two or more units can be cascaded together for larger systems
- Auxiliary relay output can be used to control other SurgeX products
- 12VDC output can be used to control other SurgeX products or drive LEDs
- Auxiliary relay or 12VDC output can be used to provide confirmation feedback
- Flexible form factor - Has a 1RU form factor designed to be vertically mounted to the rear of an equipment rack with hinged and fixed brackets