The Watershot PRO Underwater Housing for iPhone 5 is a waterproof case that allows you to capture photos and video beneath the water's surface with your iPhone 5. It has a depth rating of 195' (59 m).
The housing provides access to most camera functions via mechanical controls and the free Watershot App, available at the App Store and on iTunes. This app maximizes basic and advanced camera capabilities, including GPS overlays and social media sharing functions.
To restore colors that get absorbed underwater and enhance contrast, you can use optional external color correction filters. The Magenta Filter for green water and the Red Filter for blue water come with an M32 thread to easily mount onto the lens bezel of the housing. Filters can be installed and removed underwater.
Two large lenses are included; one flat port and one wide angle that increases the field of view to 100°. These attach to the glass lens port via the lens bezelA colored grip is also included with the Watershot PRO. The housing is also equipped with a built-in universal tripod mount. The optional Pro Mount adapter enables the mounting of many GoPro accessories (not included). An adjustable lanyard is included.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at depths up to 195' (59 m)
- Optical Image Clarity
- Glass lens port and black rubberized baffle provide optical image clarity
- Two Lenses
- A large, removable flat port and wide-angle lens are included. The wide-angle lens increases the field of view to 110 degrees
- Removable Grip
- A removable colored grip is included so you can change the colors or replace it with upcoming Bluetooth enabled grips. These allow special features for surfers and divers
- Tripod Mount
- Tripod mount with available Pro Mount adapter for using with GoPro mounting options
- Full Suspension System
- Phone is fully suspended within the housing to protect the phone and screen against wear, tear, shock and pressure
- Works with Free App
App functions for use in the housing:
- Wake up from power save mode
- Shutter start/stop recording
- Switch between still and video modes
- Review images Post to Facebook and Twitter
Additional app settings:
- Rapid fire
- Use of front and back camera
- GPS overlays
- Social media messages
- Portrait and landscape modes
- YouTube upload