The Lite-Genius Peri-Scoop Flash Modifier is a shoe-mount flash modifier that emulates the light quality of an off-camera flash while still retaining the convenience of having the flash mounted to your camera's hot shoe. It features the same size scoop-shaped reflector as the original Lite-Scoop modifiers, but places it atop a 9" tube that features a soft, unbreakable mirrored surface. This reflective surface helps to maintain the flash's light output and results in just 1/3 stop light reduction compared to the original Lite-Scoops.
By placing the modifier at such a distance from the camera lens, red-eye is essentially eliminated and the scoop shape of the reflector helps to soften the overall quality of light and minimize shadows within the scene. The Peri-Scoop attaches to most shoe-mount flash heads by way of a combination elastic and hook-and-loop fastener system for a secure fit that is easy to install or remove.
- The Peri-Scoop is larger, but also lighter in weight, than most shoe-mount flash diffusers and helps to give an off-camera flash quality with the convenience of working with a shoe-mounted flash. The reflector measures approximately 6 x 8.5" and the entire Peri-Scoop measures 16" in length.
- The Peri-Scoop's 9" tube features an mirrored lining that helps to maintain an effective light output that only requires an additional 1/3 stop of light.
- By placing the light source away from the camera lens, the red-eye effect is essentially eliminated and the scoop shape of the diffuser helps to spread the light evenly to minimize harsh shadows and improve skin tones.
- The scoop reflector surface is pure white for neutral colors and efficient light output and a black backing helps to ensure minimal light spill for maximum efficiency. The unique shape is also compatible for use with most wide-angle lenses.
- Soft foam construction is lightweight and malleable for portability, while integrated steel shape supports help to maintain the unique scoop shape during use.
- The combination elastic and hook-and-loop fastener system enables quick and easy attachment to most shoe-mount flash heads.