The Hoya 58 mm Vario-PL Color Yellow/Blue Special Effect Glass filter - The Hoya PL-Color filter combines standard, Yellow/Blue-colored polarizing filters and one neutral gray polarizer. By rotating the filter, varying degrees of Yellow/Blue can be achieved. The effect can be seen through the viewfinder. The filter varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast.
Note! Vario-PL Color filters are available in Yellow/Blue, Yellow/Green, Yellow/Red, Red/Blue, and Red/Green combinations
- Create multi-colored images by rotating the filter which is comprised of two separate polarizers of different colors
- Many "in-between" shades can be created by manipulating the rotating filters
- As one of the premier filter manufacturers, Hoya filters continue to made from quality glass assuring the photographer clear, sharp and accurate images
- Hoya filters consistently provide even color all the way through the filter; All surfaces are ground and polished to specific thickness and tolerances
- Even non-multi-coated Hoya filters have one layer of anti-reflective coating applied to each surface of the glass; Hoya's single layer coating decreases light reflection off the surface from approx. 9% to an average of 4-5%