The BBE Sound Blacksmith BD-69P Distortion Pedal features an LED-based gain circuit feeding a 3-band passive EQ which was derived from a '69 Marshall Plexi stack. The EQ allows you to dial in a tone to match the characteristics of a particular amplifier, since some amps are darker- or brighter-sounding than others. You can also create a wide range of distorted tones to suit your playing style.
Blacksmith features 1% metal-film resistors, signal traces on a mil-spec circuit Blacksmith features 1% metal-film resistors, fat signal traces on a military-spec circuit board, true hardwire bypass to eliminate any pickup loading when disengaged, and a 1 MΩ input resistance. Its LED-based gain circuit delivers smooth, high-output distortion that can be used with a wide variety of amplifiers.
- Gain, volume, and passive 3-band PLEX-EQ controls
- LED-based gain circuit for smooth, high-output distortion
- 1 MΩ input impedance for proper pickup loading
- 1 kΩ output impedance when engaged
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass