The BBE Sound G Screamer Gus G Signature Overdrive Pedal features an LED-based gain circuit with 1% metal-film resistors for consistency and high-voltage poly capacitors for better tone. The pedal has three knobs that offer gain, level and tone controls, and a true bypass foot switch to avoid any change in tone when the pedal is switched off. A blue LED light indicates when the effect is on or off.
Based on the original BBE Green Screamer circuitry, the input driver to the distortion circuit on the G Screamer has been modified to deliver more focused lower-mid harmonics for a thicker tone.
The pedal operates on a single 9-volt battery or an optional power supply (sold separately).
- Gain, level, and tone controls
- 1 MΩ input impedance for proper pickup loading
- 10 kΩ output impedance when engaged
- Modified classic sequential-diode distortion circuit for focused tone
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy-to-access 9V battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass for zero coloration