The BBE Sound OptiComp OC-5 Stompbox offers studio-grade compression for your pedalboard. The bassists and guitarists alike can benefit from an optical compressor pedal, but basses have a special challenge of massive signal-level spikes compared to guitars. That’s why many bassists want to tightly control signal level.
Whether you’re just looking to dial in a smoother sound or keep the front end of your amplifier from clipping, an optical compressor can be an effective tool. The studio-grade, solid-state OptiComp compressor pedal is suitable for this purpose. It features a mil-spec circuit board with big, signal traces, 1% metal-film resistors, and high-voltage poly caps, all backed up by a robust true-hardwire bypass.
- Studio-grade optical compression
- Output and threshold controls
- 1 MΩ input impedance for proper pickup loading
- 1 kΩ output impedance when engaged
- 1% Metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Mil-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass