The BBE Sound VariComp VC-3080 Stomp Box offers classic OTA (Operational Transconductance Amplifier) compression with added versatility and modern reliability. It is inspired by vintage compressor pedals, such as the old Ross compressor and the early MXR Dynacomp. It holds true to those iconic originals by using an authentic NOS (New Old Stock) CA3080 OTA (Operational Transconductance Amplifier) analog device. The VariComp Stomp Box is not about just copying an old design. It’s about taking the good elements of old favorites and improving the breed.The stomp box does the classics one better with an attack control for greater flexibility.
The VariComp Stomp Box has a consistency and ruggedness that are the hallmark of BBE pedals, designed for guitarists whose gigs are as demanding as their ears. It also features a robust mil-spec circuit board with signal traces, 1% metal-film resistors for consistency, and true hardwire bypass.
- Output, attack, and threshold controls
- NOS CA3080 OTA (Operational Transconductance Amplifier)
- 470k Input impedance for vintage correct pickup loading
- 10 kΩ output impedance when engaged
- 1% Metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Mil-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass