The BBE Sound Windowpane WP-69 Stomp Box offers vintage germanium fuzz tone with modern silicon reliability. Its 2 sequentially-wired silicon transistors are properly biased at the factory and the tone is dialed in with a carefully selected treble roll-off on the second transistor, recalling the slightly mellowed top end of early germanium transistor fuzz pedals. But unlike those old classics, Windowpane fuzz pedals are remarkably consistent from one to the next, thanks to reliable, predictable silicon transistors and low-tolerance 1% metal-film resistors.
Throw in high-voltage poly caps on a rugged circuit board and it offers the mind-altering fuzz tone you’re after, gig after gig. When you don’t want the fuzz, a properly engineered true hardwired bypass means signal passes entirely around the circuit from the input jack to the output jack without a hint of loading.
- Hand-biased silicon transistors
- 50 kΩ Low Z input for authentic vintage fuzz pickup loading
- 10 kΩ output impedance when engaged
- 1% Metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Mil-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass