The silver USB2IR3 USB to Infrared IrDA Adapter from StarTech turns a USB port into an IrDA compliant infrared port for communication with a wide variety of IrDA compliant devices, such as PDAs, cell phones, test equipment, and medical instruments.
A compact and low-powered design that works over a range of up to 3.2’ (1m) line of sight, and supports FIR (4 Mb/s), MIR (1.15 Mb/s), SIR (115.6 kb/s), and ASKIR (56 kb/s) modes for compatibility with a wide range of infrared devices.
- Support for FIR, MIR, SIR, and ASKIR modes ensures broad compatibility with IrDA devices, in a compact and portable form factor
- Line of sight communication range of up to 3.2’ (1m), suitable for the most commonly used infrared devices
- The infrared adapter is powered through the USB connection, which enables you to use the adapter without an external power source/adapter
- Compliant with IrDA v1.1 with support for FIR, MIR, SIR, and ASKIR modes
- IR communication range up to 3.2’ (1m)
- Powered directly from the USB port
- Infrared link/activity LED indicator
- Plastic enclosure type
- Create a wireless infrared connection between an IrDA-enabled portable device and a USB-enabled computer, for a simple way to transfer photos/files
- Retrieve data from older IrDA-capable devices such as handheld PCs/PDAs, cell phones, digital cameras, etc.
- Downloading data from IrDA-enabled medical equipment or industrial test equipment
- Certifications, Reports, & Compatibility
- CE and FCC compliant