The PageFlip Cicada from PageFlip is a problem solver for musicians reading from a digital score (although the problem is not exclusive to digital versions). Instead of having to stop playing to swipe a screen or hit a key command on a computer keyboard, a press of a pedal on the wireless Bluetooth equipped pedals creates a 100% accurate page turn, backward or forwards.
The lightweight unit does more than just turn music score pages. Any document or web page can be manipulated so long as the application understands the particular key presses. A five-way mode switch allows for programming the pedal to send other commands for navigating documents in different ways. Two additional pedal inputs are provided for remote triggering of the foot pedal.
The PageFlip Cicada works with Mac-, Windows- and Linux-based computers, as well as certain apps on the iPad and Android devices. The Kindle Fire HD is also supported. A list of compatible programs is available under the specifications tab.
- Simply open a file and press either pedal to turn a page forwards or backwards
- Permits hands-free reading of scanned, purchased, or freely downloaded digital content
- No need to stop playing a musical instrument
- Turns one page at a time with 100% accuracy
- Mode button selects one of five pedal functions for enhanced software compatibility
- Repeat switch enables continuous scrolling while the pedal is pressed down
- Communicates wirelessly with the computer up to a range of 33 feet (10 meters) using standard Bluetooth 3.0 technology
- Multiple pedals can be operated in the same room without interference
- Automatically turns off 10 minutes after last operation
- Small, light, portable and operates on AC power or two AA batteries
- Works with any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer
- Works with the Apple iPad on apps that accept keyboard commands
- Works with select Android apps
- Compatible with external foot pedals via two rear outlets using 1/8" mono plugs