The Transformer P1801 18.4" Tablet & All-in-One Desktop Computer Hybrid from ASUS is a unique device that can be used as an all-in-one desktop computer as well as a tablet. The Transformer consists of a PC station and a tablet. When attached to the PC station, the Transformer performs as an all-in-one desktop computer powered by an Intel Core i5 processor and Windows 8. When you detach the Transformer from the PC station, it switches over to its own quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor and tablet-friendly Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system.
The 18.4" LED-backlit capacitive touchscreen features 10-point touch support for multi-touch gestures supported in both Windows 8 and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and has a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution; the display is powered by an nVIDIA GeForce GT 730M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory while connected to the PC station or by its integrated nVIDIA ULP graphics when used as a tablet. The HDMI port in the PC station allows you to output video to an external display, such as an HDTV.
When connected to the PC station, the system is powered by a dual-core 3.1GHz Intel Core i5-3350P processor. It also has 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 1TB hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 3-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0. A wireless keyboard and mouse is included.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the operating system when using the Transformer as an all-in-one computer. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
When using the Transformer as a tablet, the system is powered by a quad-core 1.6GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor. It has 2GB of DDR3 RAM, 32GB of eMMC flash storage, a microSD card slot, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0+EDR technology.
The Transformer utilizes the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. This clean, uncluttered mobile operating system brings smarter notifications, beautiful widgets and deep home screen customization made easier with drag-and-drop controls. You'll also have access to Google Play, which contains thousands of apps to choose from.
The Best of Both Worlds
- A Real Transformer
- The ASUS Transformer P1801 contains all the performance of a Windows 8 all-in-one desktop computer as well as the mobility of an Android tablet. The ASUS Transformer P1801 provides the performance you need to stay productive while connected to the PC station, but can be detached from it to instantly transform into a multi-touch Android tablet for more mobility
- 18.4" LED-Backlit IPS Capacitive Touchscreen
- While the ASUS Transformer P1801 can be used as both an all-in-one desktop computer and a tablet, it uses the same display for both. The 18.4" LED-backlit display features In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology for wide viewing angles and uniform color. The display is also a capacitive touchscreen with 10-point touch support, which works in conjunction with multi-touch gestures found in both Windows 8 and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and has a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution so you'll be able to play back 1080p HD video content natively
Windows 8 All-in-One PC
- Dual-Core Intel Core i5 Performance
- The ASUS Transformer P1801 houses an Intel Core i5-3350P processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 3.1GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.3GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 8GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to experience fast and efficient multitasking
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows
- nVIDIA GeForce GT 670M Graphics
- The nVIDIA GeForce GT 670M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory arms you with dynamic PhysX effects, high performance nVIDIA Verde drivers, and more. Based on DirectX 11 technology, tessellation can dynamically extend new triangles and textures for making images more detailed
- ASUS SonicMaster Technology
- ASUS SonicMaster audio technology means the ASUS Transformer delivers rich, immersive sound with music and movies
- With the HDMI port, you'll be able to output video from the ASUS Transformer P1801 to an external display, such as an HDTV. This allows you to share multimedia content with friends and family on any HDMI-enabled home entertainment device
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can reach a data transfer rate of up to 5Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0 with compatible external storage devices, making it ideal for transferring large files, such as raw video and photo files
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Tablet
- Quad-Core nVIDIA Tegra 3 Performance
- The ASUS Transformer P1801 comes with a quad-core 1.6GHz nVIDIA Tegra 3 processor. It can also run at 1.7GHz when using only one core. Quad-core performance allows for pages to load quickly, gaming to be smooth and responsive, and multiple apps to run seamlessly. Integrated graphics deliver rich and immersive visuals while patented 4-PLUS-1 CPU design gives you processing power when you need it, and battery saving efficiency when you don't
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
- When in tablet mode, the ASUS Transformer P1801 runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. This clean, uncluttered mobile operating system brings smarter notifications, beautiful widgets and deep home screen customization made easier with drag-and-drop controls. You can also tap the microphone on the keyboard and use your voice to type out your emails, SMS or anything else you want to text. You also have access to Google Play, which holds thousands of Android apps for you to use and experience
- A Unique Design
- When the ASUS Transformer P1801 is detached from its PC station base, it becomes an Android tablet that allows you to be more mobile. Sit with the tablet on your lap to browse the web, use apps and play games on the 18.4" capacitive touchscreen with responsive 10-point touch support. There is also a built-in stand that pops out so you can stand the ASUS Transformer P1801 up to view photos and videos with friends and family. Since the screen uses IPS technology, the 178° viewing angle prevents colors from being washed out so everyone looking at the screen can have the same viewing experience