The Zoom A3 Pre-Amp & Effects for Acoustic Guitar lets you enhance the sound of your guitar to produce authentic tone when used with a personal amplification system. The A3 allows you to choose from 16 guitar body types to re-create the signatures sounds of differing body shapes. From the Dreadnought body setting, which generates a large tone full of rich low frequencies, to the Orchestra body setting, featuring an outstanding response and tonal balance, the A3 has the ability to remodel the sonic qualities of a wide range of unique body types.
The A3 accounts for the subtlest of differences between 28 of the world’s most famous guitar models. The pedal accurately recreates the tone differences between guitars with the same body shape, but different bracing or wood from which they are made (spruce, mahogany, rosewood, and more).
The pre-amp is specifically designed for acoustic guitars and can be used with piezoelectric, magnetic and passive pickups. The A3 emphasizes on spatial effects, including chorus, delay and reverb, while offering over 40 acoustic guitar effects that augment the sound of your instrument.
- Presets for 16 body types and 28 models restore the original sonic characteristics of acoustic guitars that pickups cannot capture 1
- Choose from 16 guitar body types to re-create the signatures sounds of differing body shapes. From the Dreadnought body setting, which generates a large tone full of rich low frequencies, to the Orchestra body setting, featuring an outstanding response and tonal balance, the A3 has the ability to remodel the sonic qualities of a wide range of unique body types.
- Ability to recreate the distinct sound components of 28 of the world's most famous acoustic guitars
- Pre-amp is specifically designed for acoustic guitars and can be used with piezoelectric, magnetic and passive pickups. In addition, the pedal's XLR-1/4" combination Mic input can provide phantom power to allow you to connect a microphone and mix its signal with that of your pickup via dedicated knobs to dial-in your sound.
- Over 40 acoustic guitar effects can enhance the sound of your instrument. Other effects include compressors that suppress input peaks and even out sound levels, air effects that simulate the feeling of space from room tone, detuning effects that create the sound of a 12-string guitars and much more. You can use up to two effects simultaneously and order them as you like.
- While keeping changes to your tone to a minimum, the Anti-feedback function quickly detects the frequency that is causing the feedback and applies a steep filter to that frequency band. Later, if feedback occurs due to another frequency, by simply hitting the footswitch again, the function can handle up to three problematic frequency ranges at once.
- Boost function can be used to reduce volume differences between finger-picking, chord strokes and other playing techniques, as well as to increase amplification during solos. The pedal can provide a clean boost of up to 12dB. The tone parameter adjusts the sound of the level increase when the boost is active.
- Acoustic remodeling, DI box, feedback suppression, a booster, an auto-chromatic tuner
- Front panel features three parameter knobs that also function as buttons. These buttons can be used to open various menus where you can then use the parameter knobs to tweak effect settings to your liking. Adjust the mix position of mic signal; turn the Autosave function on and off, recall patches and more with ease and efficiency.
- ZFX-IV DSP processor can execute sophisticated algorithms using 32-bit floating-point calculations. This processor renders real acoustic remodeling that restores different original tonal characteristics of a guitar according to its size, body shape and materials.
- Hold the footswitch down to activate the built-in chromatic tuner in an instant. Even on stage during a performance, all you need to do is move your foot to enable tuning. You can choose between a bypass mode that turns all the effects off and a mute mode that allows you to tune silently.
- Tap Tempo sets the tempo in real-time to the rhythm of a song as you play guitar. You can also use it to for delay times and modulation effect frequencies 2
- Patches to be recalled can be programmed and the order in which they appear. For example, you could select three patches-(A) Arpeggio, (B) Rhythm and (C) Solo - so that you can cycle through them each time you press the footswitch. You can create and save up to 10 original tones in this way.
- Balanced XLR output eliminates the use of DI boxes completely and directly connects the pedal to any mixing console to maintain a balanced, high quality signal. The ground switch can also be used to eliminate hum caused by ground loops.
- Piezoelectric pickups tend to capture high frequencies well, but are deficient at the low end and result in producing a thin sound. On the other hand, magnetic pickups are very effective at capturing low frequencies and produce more of an electric sound. The A3 has a pickup input compensation function that cancels the effect of frequency ranges that are lost or emphasized by the pickup. This feature processes the signal optimally according to the characteristics of each type of pickup. 3
- Stereo output jacks allow you to take advantage of chorus, reverb and other stereo spatial effects for your acoustic guitar, as well as use line connections for the direct recording of its powerful guitar sounds. In addition, the ability to directly connect headphones to your A3 lets you easily listen to your sound no matter where you are.
- Noise floor of 100dBm and signal-to-noise ratio of 120dB virtually eliminate background noise and the ZNR noise reduction removes feedback and other unwanted sounds, providing you with clear tones, along with natural release decay and reverb tails.
- Using four AA alkaline batteries, you can operate the A3 for up to eight hours continuously. Power the pedal via AC adapter (sold separately) or USB bus if you want to use it longer without worrying about battery life. 4
- When connected to your computer and Zoom's website via USB, you can perform system firmware updates to keep the functions of your A3 on the cutting-edge.