The 1x21 Edge Gen 3 Pinnacle Night Vision Binocular from Pulsar is a dual-tube NVD featuring ITT Pinnacle intensifier tubes and a built-in 30mW infrared illuminator. Compared to monocular devices, a binocular NVD provides superior depth of field and viewing comfort. Combined with its 40° angle of view and 8" minimum focus distance, the Edge binocular is a high-resolution option for surveillance, nature observation, and other long-duration viewing tasks.
Pulsar equipped this version of the Edge binocular with Gen 3 autogated intensifier tubes from ITT. Pinnacle tubes typically produce 64lp/mm resolution and use advanced circuitry that optimize the image transmitted by the NVD. An autogated power supply nearly eliminates halo artifacts caused by bright light sources of light within the field of view, such as distant street lights and headlights. When exposed to excess brightness, High-Light Cut-Off automatically deactivates the NVD to protect the observer's eyes.
Complementing the versatility and image performance of the Edge binocular is a user-friendly interface that uses dedicated buttons to activate the NVD and IR illuminator. Included with this multi-purpose night vision optic is flip-up head gear that permits hands-free viewing.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Optical Performance
- Magnification: 1x
- Objective lens: 21mm diameter
- Five-lens eyepiece improves edge sharpness
- 40° angle of view
- 25mm eye relief
- 8" minimum focus distance
- Image Intensifier
- ITT Pinnacle Gen 3 intensifier tubes
- Autogated power supply
- Resolution: 64lp/mm
- Signal-to-Noise: 21:1
- Automatic Brightness Control
- Automatic High-Light Cut-Off
- Use and Handling
- 30mW infrared illuminator extends the visible range of NVD
- Two 1/4"-20 threaded mounts for tripod or helmet/head gear mounting
- Dedicated NVD and illuminator activation buttons
- Flip-up head gear with adjustable straps allows hands-free viewing
- Construction Details
- Water-resistant construction
- Fiberglass-infused composite housing
- Weight: 23 oz