The 1x20 Challenger Gen 1 Night Vision Monocular from Pulsar is a multi-purpose NVD featuring a Super-CF first generation image intensifier, built-in infrared illuminator, accessory rail, and two 1/4"-20 threaded mounts. Two mounting options allow the observer to tripod-mount the monocular or attach it to the included head gear for comfortable long-duration viewing.
Included with the Challenger NVD is a 30mW infrared illuminator that will enhance detail of the viewed image and extend the visible range of the monocular as well as enable the observer to see in pitch darkness. Additional functionality is provided by an integrated Weaver rail for attaching a long-range IR illuminator or other NV accessory.
This configuration of the Challenger has a 27mm f/1.35 lens system that transmits a 36° angle of view and is capable of being focuses as close as 3.3 ft. In addition to the Challenger's 42lp/mm minimum resolution, its wide field of view, close focus ability, and water-resistant construction make the 1x20 Challenger well-equipped for close-range recreational viewing tasks.
- Imaging Performance
- Gen 1 Super-CF intensifier tube
- Resolution: 42lp/mm
- Five-lens eyepiece improves edge sharpness
- Magnification: 1x
- Objective lens: 20mm diameter
- 27mm f/1.35 lens system
- 3.3 ft minimum focus distance
- 12mm eye relief
- Use and Handling
- 30mW infrared illuminator extends the visible range of NVD
- Two 1/4"-20 threaded mounts for tripod or helmet/head gear mounting
- Single button interface controls NVD and illuminator
- Weaver rail for mounting accessory
- Construction Details
- Water-resistant construction
- Fiberglass-infused composite housing
- Weight: 10.6 oz