The Twin-City AB/Y Amp Switcher Pedal from Radial Engineering is an active switcher that enables you to connect 2 amps and switch between them or drive them both simultaneously without degrading your natural guitar tone in any way. The Twin-City buffer lowers the output impedance and susceptibility to interference, thereby allowing you to drive long cables without tone loss or noise. Drag Control is a recessed, set-and-forget control that lets you compensate for cable signal loss and introduce the appropriate load to replicate the way your guitar’s pickups naturally interact with your amp. Advanced Electronic Impulse Switching (EIS) is 100% noiseless and free from popping noises produced by mechanical switches.
To eliminate ground loops that cause hum and buzz the Twin-City is equipped with an isolation transformer on OUT-B. This output is further augmented with a ground lift switch and 180º polarity reverse switch that ensures both amplifiers play in phase, while noise is reduced to an absolute minimum even when using older amps that are prone to noise.
Bright, easy-to-see LEDs deliver on-stage switching cues so you exactly know what your amp status is at all times. The Twin-City is a powerful AB/Y switcher that delivers all of the natural tone, punch, and clarity without inducing noise of any kind.
- Class-A amp switcher with Drag Control
- Isolated output eliminates hum and buzz
- 180° polarity sets both amps in phase
- Standard 9-volt power supply operation
- 1/4" input jack for your guitar
- Reintroduces the natural loading that occurs between your amplifier and the guitars pickups. Start with the DRAG set to 12 o'clock. Use your guitar pick like a screwdriver to move the control until it sounds right to you
- 1/4" jack connects to amp-A 1
- 1/4" jack connects to amp-B. This output is transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Connection for 9 to 12VDC (center pin negative)
- A/B Status LED
- Two LED status indicators display the active amp while in single output mode
- Footswitch selects between amp-A or amp-B while operating in Single-Amp mode
- Footswitch activates both amps. An LED status indicator illuminates when Dual-Amp mode is active
- Disconnects ground at OUT-B to further reduce noise
- Polarity reverse switch inverts the signal phase of OUT-B to ensure amps are in-phase and their speakers are moving in the same direction
- RoHS and CE compliant