This black Sony CX220E Full HD Flash Memory Handycam Camcorder is a full HD PAL-standard camcorder featuring an 8.9 megapixel back-illuminated CMOS sensor designed for low-light sensitivity. You can record video in up to 1920 x 1080 HD resolution at 50 frames per second, effective for sports and other fast action motion, and you can capture still photos in up to 3984 x 2240 high-detail resolution. This Handycam features a flash memory card slot and stores onto any of a wide selection of optional memory cards (Memory Stick PRO Duo/HG Duo/XC-HG Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC class 4 or higher).
The integrated lens is a wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens that opens wide up to 2.1mm and can zoom in up 32 times on a subject. The image processor is Sony's BIONZ processor designed with a focus on color and detail. The camcorder has a 2.7" widescreen LCD, a built-in speaker, a microphone jack for connecting an external recording mic, and a headphone jack for monitoring sound when you're shooting.
Several auto features will help you manage the focus and stability of your shots and will let you snap photos of smiling faces while recording video. iAuto automatically adjusts image settings for best results, enabling you to just point and shoot; SteadyShot stabilization reduces camera shake and helps deliver smooth moving images; and Face Detection and Smile Shutter, when turned on, automatically capture photos of smiling faces while you're recording video.
The camcorder has an HDMI output that will allow you to conveniently connect the camera to HDTVs and view your recordings on a big screen. A Composite output is also available.
- 1920 x 1080/50p Full HD
- Perfect for filming sport, the 1920 x 1080/50p progressive mode records at a very high frame rate of 50 Full HD frames a second.
- Wide-Angle Vario-Tessar Lens by Carl Zeiss
- Record detail-packed, high quality Full HD video using the popular AVCHD format.
- 32x Extended Zoom
- 32x extended zoom and advanced image processing let you zoom quickly into a scene and capture clear footage.
- Sensitive Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Shoot in low light and see the detail. You can capture detailed video and stills with reduced image noise, even in low light.
- High-Speed BIONZ Image Processor
- Gives you enhanced image quality and performance when you're shooting fast-moving subjects.
- 8.9 MP Photos
- With 8.9 megapixel still image recording, you can shoot crisp, clear HD photos as well as movies.
- 2.7" LCD Display
- Clearly see what you've shot on the 2.7" Clear Photo LCD display.
- Just point and shoot, without adjusting settings. iAuto automatically adjusts settings for the best results, recognizing different faces, lighting and scenes such as landscapes.
- Face Detection & Smile Shutter
- With Face Detection and Smile Shutter, you can automatically capture still photos of smiling faces while recording video.
- Handy Charging and Connections
- The USB cable stores neatly inside the camcorder, always ready to connect to a computer, transfer videos and recharge the battery.
- PlayMemories Software
- A free-download software from the Sony website, PlayMemories helps you transfer videos and pictures, then organize, edit, print or share them online.
- Easy Connection to the Big Screen
- With a Micro HDMI connection, you can easily plug the camcorder into an HD ready TV and play back your memories for an audience.
- Easy Uploads
- Film movies in the popular MP4 format (MPEG-4 version 2) so you can easily share online using Facebook, YouTube or PlayMemories.
- Clear Sound
- Complete your videos with high quality stereo sound, ready to play back on home entertainment systems.
- Multiple Recording Options
- Record to your choice of removable Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO Duo, SD, SDHC, or SDXC. cards
- Browse and Play Videos with a BRAVIA TV Remote
- Connect the camcorder to a BRAVIA TV and directly control browsing and playback of your memories, live on the big screen.
- Save Direct to External Drives
- With Direct Copy, you can connect the camcorder direct to an external hard drive to save and play videos and images, with no need for a computer.