The Mossy Oak camouflage 10x42 Endeavor ED Binocular from Vanguard features a nitrogen-filled housing and extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements, equipping this optic for outdoor performance in low light and harsh weather conditions. This configuration from the Endeavor series has 10x magnification and an 8-foot minimum focus distance that is impressive for a mid-range binocular. Their close focus capability, in addition to a long 16mm eye relief and wide 65° apparent viewing angle, make this 10x42 binocular ready to handle almost any glassing task, including birding and hunting.
Vanguard outfitted the Endeavor ED binocular with a high-transmission optical path that transmits bright images with minimal fringing and enhanced contrast. Complementing the multicoated ED lenses are phase-corrected BaK4 prisms, which render crisp details and maximum color fidelity. The resulting view is saturated with color and sharp right up to the edge of the binocular's field of view.
A rubber armored and weather-sealed housing helps the Endeavor ED deliver reliable performance rain-or-shine. The slip-resistant textured rubber grip is also applied to the center focus wheel, which will come in handy when attempting slight focus adjustments while wearing gloves or with sweaty hands. Twist-up rubber eyecups, flip-down objective covers, and an ergonomic dual-bridge design add user-friendly handling features to match the Endeavor ED binocular's premium optics.
- Optical Performance
- 10x magnification, 42mm objectives
- Extra-low dispersion glass elements
- BaK4 roof prisms, P2 phase-corrective prism coating
- Fully multicoated optics, V-Max anti-reflective lens coating
- 6.5° angle of view, 65° apparent viewing angle
- 8 ft close focusing distance, 16.5mm eye relief
- Use and Handling
- Center focus wheel with rubber gripping ridges
- Twist-up eyecups with click-stop positions
- Flip-down objective covers
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen-filled housing for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Textured rubber armor provides a slip-resistant grip
- Mossy Oak camouflage finish
- 26 oz weight