The Schoeps BLCG Boundary Layer Mounting Plate is designed for directional boundary-layer recording with cardioid and supercardioid microphones. This unit can turn any directional microphone, such as a cardioid or supercardioid CCM compact microphone or MK capsule with active cable, into a boundary-layer (PZM) microphone. This setup is especially useful when recording moving singers or actors on a stage, or when a microphone on a stand would be obtrusive.
When a transducer is placed upon or within a large, sound-reflecting surface, its output voltage will be twice that of an equivalent transducer in a free sound field. A rubber ring built into the bottom of the plate prevents inadvertent rotation of the plate or marring of the surface on which it is placed.
- For directional boundary-layer recording with cardioid and supercardioid microphones
- Matte gray surface finish
- Unobtrusive microphone placement
- Directional microphones for compensating for the distance-dependent drop in sound level
- Comb-like frequency response due to selective deletion, resulting from interference between direct and diffused sound