The StarTech 2-to-1 RJ-45 Splitter Cable Adapter increases the number of RJ-45 network connections on an RJ-45 outlet, allowing two 10/100 Ethernet signals through a single CAT5/CAT5e wire.
Note! The RJ45 Splitter cable requires a second RJ-45 Splitter cable at the opposite end of the line.
- Ideal for 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet application - not suitable for Gigabit network (1000 Mb/s)
- Allows two 10/100 Ethernet signals through a single CAT 5/5e wire
- Must have a second RJ-45 splitter at opposite end of line
- Cannot be used to share a single network line with 2 computers; use a hub instead
- Example: Use an RJ-45 splitter to combine 2 cables into an RJ-45 wall outlet and an RJ-45 splitter at the other outlet to split 1 line back to 2