The IdeaPad U310 Touch 13.3" Ultrabook from Lenovo features a 13.3" VibrantView widescreen display with LED backlighting for low power consumption. The display is also a touchscreen with 10-finger touch support so you'll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures of Windows 8. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and its 1366 x 768 native resolution is supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The screen also has a glossy finish, which displays vibrant color.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.9GHz Intel Core i3-3227U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive with a 24GB solid state drive cache, a 2-in-1 digital media card reader, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and digital microphone. There are also built-in Dolby Home Theater v4 certified stereo speakers.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3 Performance
- This Lenovo notebook houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3-3227U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.9GHz. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache and 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, this Lenovo notebook can run applications, open web pages, retrieve email and more
- 13.3" VibrantView Touchscreen
- The 13.3" HD VibrantView widescreen LED-backlit display with true cinematic 16:9 aspect ratio delivers an optimal viewing experience. The display is also a touchscreen so you'll be able to use the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. This Lenovo notebook boasts a 1366 x 768 native resolution and integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 for smooth streaming of HD content. The HDMI port also allows you to output video to a larger external display, such as a monitor or an HDTV
- Stay Connected
- With 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet connectivity, you can access email, browse the web, connect to your social networks and more. This Lenovo notebook also has Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you'll be able to connect wirelessly to peripherals, such as a Bluetooth mouse or speakers. Engage in high-quality face-to-face video chats with the built-in HD webcam and digital microphone
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it